Acs Claw Clicking Noise - A Way To Solve It.

Lock-N-Load

Hello, this guide is for people who have a problem with their ACS Claw freewheel. I have looked but I cannot find a guide for other riders who have the same problem, so i thought i would post it.

Firstly get your tools. Here's what i used: A philips screwdriver, and my hand :P .

IPB Image

Then turn your cranks round until you find a small hole like this one on the back of your freewheel:

IPB Image

Next, put your screwdriver in the hole:

IPB Image

Slowly turn the cranks backwards and hold the screwdriver tight so it stays in the hole and wedges against the frame:

IPB Image

Turn the cranks backwards very slowly: ( If you dont, if the screwdrivers slips out the pedal will hit your in your wrist (N)

IPB Image

This will tighten up the freewheel and hopefully stop that horrible clicking!

Thanks for looking,

Brett.

what i do as soon as i get one is lock tight them all u have to do is if its on a crank (like yours is) pop the crank off unscrew the freewheel over an ice cream tub orsomthing incase the bearings all fall out (i take mine right apart and change the grease seems to stop a lot of the skipping i use carbon grease froma car shop its made for CV joints) any way de grease all the treads ull probly knock some bearings out just stick them back in then put osme lock tight or somthing alike on it tighten it back up like really nice and tight then let it all set and bobs your fathers brother no more messing with screw drivers on rides still might well want to keep an eye on it mind.

ben

Good for you, thats a post worthy of the FAQ. (Y)

agreed. good guide - although my preferred tool was always a rusty masonary nail or a key (ghetto)

somebody ought to mention it to a mod or something - might reduce the flow of 'my bike goes click' threads - unfortunately I have no idea where the report button is.

edit: oh right - found it

Edited by poopipe

what i do as soon as i get one is lock tight them all u have to do is if its on a crank (like yours is) pop the crank off unscrew the freewheel over an ice cream tub orsomthing incase the bearings all fall out (i take mine right apart and change the grease seems to stop a lot of the skipping i use carbon grease froma car shop its made for CV joints) any way de grease all the treads ull probly knock some bearings out just stick them back in then put osme lock tight or somthing alike on it tighten it back up like really nice and tight then let it all set and bobs your fathers brother no more messing with screw drivers on rides still might well want to keep an eye on it mind.

ben

f**k sake, I would have passed out from loss of oxygen if I had to read that outloud, jesus, go to bloody school!!

You know how to use brackets and not FULL STOPS!...............................