Monty's '07 221 Pr

Walleee

So you're suggesting they should go with the times and build long and low frames? So what will people ride if they want a very short, durable and light frame with a disc mount? Frankly speaking, it's not what people do, it's the fashion for bikes. Have a look at the Koxx team. Most, if not all the mod riders ride short (1000mm) bikes. If long bikes were better, they'd ride them wouldn't they?

Oh, and you complain that these frames cost 530 quid. Just one question: why do you insist on paying so much for them if you can get a full build for under 1 grand inc. postage (ie. from Spain?). That's less than a crap Deng bike and you get much better components and a dual disc setup.

The way people ride trials and the moves they do have moved on since the 80's when the seeds for the first X-Lite mods were sown. It's just called moving with the times. I know that means they can't utterly destroy you monetarily by saying "ooh, it's old, so pay us over £500 for a frame which is worth half that"*, but even so, it'd mean they actually had a *gasp* MODERN frame? Equally, a frame which wouldn't necessarily be weak?

I really don't get the way that people make such a huge fuss about Montys every year though. There's just nothing really different to this frame from the last ones, it's just the same crap. They might put another gash "factory look" paintjob on there, but that seems to be it, pretty much.

*In the case of the Ti. I guess you could go for the Pr, but meh.

Have you ever ridden one? Best mod bike I've ever ridden! The geo is almost the same as the short koxx's.

QUOTE: Marky Welsh boy!

I really don't get the way that people make such a huge fuss about Montys every year though. There's just nothing really different to this frame from the last ones, it's just the same crap. They might put another gash "factory look" paintjob on there, but that seems to be it, pretty much.

That's a bit harsh isnt it BOYO :$

Anyone might think you are a bit green eyed over my 150th Monty!!!! :D

Edited by SamMonty

Nothing special as someone said just another monty.

Agreed... it's one thing to stick with things that work but why not try out new things? The only thing monty have ever tried out is different paint jobs :P

Why not push standards and be innovative rather than being boring and waiting around for everyone else to try things? I mean, yes slate koxx but everyone laughed when they made bikes without seats :rolleyes: now look. Yes i am sure the frames ride quite nicely, but why not make something that will have everyone cooing about and going, oh i can't wait for it to come out! As for the price... yeah overpriced considering the build quality - i had a close look at some a year ago and really wasn't impressed (N)

Agreed... it's one thing to stick with things that work but why not try out new things? The only thing monty have ever tried out is different paint jobs :P

Why not push standards and be innovative rather than being boring and waiting around for everyone else to try things? I mean, yes slate koxx but everyone laughed when they made bikes without seats :rolleyes: now look. Yes i am sure the frames ride quite nicely, but why not make something that will have everyone cooing about and going, oh i can't wait for it to come out! As for the price... yeah overpriced considering the build quality - i had a close look at some a year ago and really wasn't impressed (N)

Monty made the first trials frame without a seat

or maybe a completely new model

the dani comas long ish monty ?

the dani comas 'prototype' is exactly the same length as the normal monty, just lower.

monty do try things, what about the sss thing, yes, i am not sayiong it was revolutionary, not in the slightest, but the tried it. megamo tried all this rear disc malarcy a few years ago, but in times when components were not good enough to hosty a good rear brake. where as monty have started using discs at the right times as everyone who rides my bike thinks it is the best brake ever. And now koxx are making a floating disc mount to fit on all the models. hmmmm

even just things like the intergrated booster. it wasn't needed, but it helped a hell of a lot.

why be the same as every other company when thesae bikes are selling well, and ride so well, and weigh nothing. you might say ' keep up to date ' but what is up to date, these bikes are up to date if anything. god. :closedeyes: