Disc Brakes

Dependent on what you want. The hope mono trials are good brakes, you get plenty of modulation before you pull hard and get the lock. But if you're looking for all out power and stopping dead then for now go with a avid bb7. The bigger the disc = the more power.

Not to sure if you are up for sticking a 4 pot brake on a trials bike but go and check out

www.the-cleg.com

Got to be the sickest brakes I've seen anywhere.

Brembo are also bringing out a brake for mountain bikes.

i would definitely recommend my magura louise as the are the best disk brake in my opinion i found gaps to front easier with this disk than with HS33 it has great modulation for stoppies and down hills but also has immense lock when you need to stop dead they are also very nice to look at,

the only thing i ever worried about with mine was if i took a real hard slam the first time i pulled the lever in it would come further down than usual but that was only on the first pull after getting the hoses untangled and the bike upright so it may be the same with all disks as they have resovoirs (Y) unlike HS33s :-

Edited by monty221pr

im using hope mono trials for about a month and totally satisfied with its braking

equipped with 180mm rotor, it has great power with alot of modulation

but if you want a beast one go for bb7, it works like a switcher: wheel locked or unlocked completely - best for rail gaps on front)

however hope isnt cheap one)

ps i saw one bb7 with broken calliper