50 Quid

rids

yeh i agree, dont get one, it looks like more of a dirt jump frame and a cheapy one at that and if you want to use it for trials it will have no body clearance at all (N)

as an dirt jumper myself i wouldnt touch it , personaly i'd say no and walk away but its your money, just listen to the advice people give you on the forum and take not of it :)

I wouldn't! (N) Its doesn't look strong at all! I think you would be wasting your money! Just my oppinion though... If your looking for a cheep frame wouldn't ebay be better, you never know you might pick something good up :D mini-w

Are you all stupid? it's obviously gunna be strongish looking at the gussets, also I know it's steel so there again, strong, just not too suitable for trials, if you like the look, get it for DJ or to look oldschool trials.

well look at the seat stays and chain stays, and the dropouts don't exactly look amazing. not when you can buy a better frame second hand for similar money. oh its got reinforcements down the down tubes woopey do.

thing is its not the cost thats a problem its bound to be cheeper then the freeride rig i was looking at

i want to branch out from xc/street to street/trials and my bike as much as i love it is just to big to chuck about althou i try (ill have to get some phone vids put up) my standerd on the xc bike is up and down picnic benches (you no the type 2 bench seets and a table like in the pub) so i wana try it proper on the right type of bike see if i can .

my average drop off seems to be my bikes hight and i have a good balance on rear wheel but my bike only seems to balance when near virtical (or mabe its just me)

so i have some skill for an old school boy just dont no if its me or my bike holding me back

Hmm i remember the b4t range of trials bikes but im sure they had the same generic alloy frame as many other jump rigs knocking around at the time like the hardcore dsvd etc.

It really dosent look very suitable for trials, for a start its a 15".

I say go for a secondhand frame, you can get much better than that for £50, a base ta26 would be good for general use as well and they are great for trials and can be found for £50 in great condition.

Edited by adamtrials

Hmm i remember the b4t range of trials bikes but im sure they had the same generic alloy frame as many other jump rigs knocking around at the time like the hardcore dsvd etc.

It really dosent look very suitable for trials, for a start its a 15".

I say go for a secondhand frame, you can get much better than that for £50, a base ta26 would be good for general use as well and they are great for trials and can be found for £50 in great condition.

like this one??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Base-TA-26-Trials-bi...1QQcmdZViewItem

oh my god that is a total no no! i have seen old women riding more pimp bikes than that! please dont its a real waste of money! your much beter off looking at ebay for some secondhand frame that someone has taken care of but not really used and decided to clear the shed out and sell..

if you have 50 quid to use then doont get that.if u want a good frame try e bay? there were onza t raptor frames going for less than 50 pound at one stage and there good frames to start out on (if thats what you intend it for) and there will probably be few good second hand 'trials' frames.

max... :)

oh my god that is a total no no! i have seen old women riding more pimp bikes than that!
Jesus theres some retarded replies in this thread...

As to wether the planet x will be good, it depends what you want to use the bike for as its primary use.

If you want a jumpy/ streety bike or a commuting bike for a bit of occasional playing with trials, then it may well be fine. Back in the day the two trials gods of my town were riding those planet x frames so they cant be that bad... However i feel £50 is probably too much for that, and i dont think the bidding will get that high. The best thing to do is watch it and see how much it is going for in the last hour, if its cheap get it.

However i feel your probably best just watching ebay for a bit until something like a base comes along as that should fit your needs perfectly or you have more money to get a better frame. You will certainly not regret buying a base in the long term if you stick with trials.