Bit Of A Magura Problem.

hello,

today my brake was re-bleed and when the brake is pulled both pads come out and stay out, i don't know what the problem is, is it that theres too much fluid in my brakes? i can push them both back in but the don't stay in.

Can anyone help?

I've used the search and couldn't find the correct answer.

Tim.

Take the wheel out, take the pads off.

Squeeze the lever in.

With the lever squeezed in, spray some GT-85 or similar spray lube (not WD-40 though) onto the pistons that are sticking out. Pump the lever in and out, then hold them out again. Wipe down the pistons, then re-lube them.

Should solve it. If you wanna go Pro, get someone to hold one of the pistons in so the other fully extends.

Also, when you're setting it up, make sure you don't use too much TPA (the dial on the lever blade), 'cos that'll mean they won't react fully.

If there was too much fluid, they wouldn't go back in at all. It's a closed system, so all the fluid's in there all of the time, basically. Again, Fairy liquid won't work the same as a PTFE-based lubricant.

This is £2.99, with free next day delivery, and you'll be able to use it for all sorts of jobs on your bike, so just invest in some of it and then you'll be able to service all the stuff on your bike properly, which is all good.

Like I said though, maybe try winding the TPA out (so the lever flaps around more).

Oh, and one last thing - double check the lever blade bolt hasn't tightened itself (Y)

Hi,

when the brake was bled the tpa was right out as in not in the lever, is that not what your supposed to do?

i've lubed pistons inside my lever and now the pads return but still poke out a bit and now its not too bad i just move the pads a little further away from rim to stop rubbing.

thanks guys

Tim.

Edited by Tim H

Hi,

when the brake was bled the tpa was right out as in not in the lever, is that not what your supposed to do?

i've lubed pistons inside my lever and now the pads return but still poke out a bit and now its not too bad i just move the pads a little further away from rim to stop rubbing.

thanks guys

Tim.

dont you mean thank you me :-

ha ha ha ha :P

good advice every one (Y)

Hi,

thanks guys

Tim.

your supposed to have the tpa the other way.all the way in the lever blade.although i think thats what you mean? :S

oh well seems that you have sorted it now (Y)