Virus's

ZHI-sam

heyy guys,

am scaning my pc for virus's as it running slow and i have a new scanner. look what ive found so far and its only on the letter 'e'

need to click for full image or cant read it.

IPB Image

sam

Edited by saracen_rider

Right, for one get a decent anti-virus software, for example "norton anti-virus 2006" or mcafee.

Use either on of them to scan your computer and then once your computer is fully scaned you just basically delete the virus's and if there is anyleft it is more than likely spyware, so you will be needing spyware doctor to sort it out, then you should be sorted.

Oh i almost for got, then try defraging your computer and also doing disc clean up.

If you want anymore information just ask. (Y)

Dan.

If you're gonna have that much viruses, I guess you'll want them in alphabetical order!

For one what the f**k are you on about, looser.

Not bad, teach you to use anit virus wont it!

Hang on a sec, he is running an anti-virus software, but let me tell you a thing or two, i am telling you now a anti-virus software can not block every virus there is out, it also doesn't help the situation that he is using a shit anti-virus software in the first place, so in future, don't start being sarcastic and cocky when you obviously don't know what you are on about yourself.

Sorry new guy, some people on here can be a little rude, but just ignore them, at the end of the day, just be friendly and get on with everybody and you will do well on this forum, i understand that all you are looking for is a little bit of advise, but in future these kind of topics are not really relevant.

Dan.

LOL, you crack me up.

AVG is NOT shit. It's THE best anti-virus program I've used. And it's free.

You've reccommended Norton, I was using that before. When the licence for it ran out I started using AVG, scanned my PC when it was all installed and it found at least 5 viruses (Virii?) that Norton didn't find. You get updates every say which is more than can be said for Norton.

Anyway, to the OP I'd just format your PC, it doesn't really seem worth trying to get rid of all of those viruses (again, Virii?) lol.

i dont like norton as it runs in the disk tray and can access what it wants at any time.

i have macffe at the min and it sucks so i wont be buying that again. (N)

this may be off topic but ive seen a topic about coco pops. i think 14000(count so far and am on 'L') visus's are a tad more important.

what is a good anti spyware program?

not anything that norton or macffe made please.

sam

edit: wont formating my hard drive delete all the drivers and stuff that the pc needs to run properly?

Edited by saracen_rider

LOL, you crack me up.

AVG is NOT shit. It's THE best anti-virus program I've used. And it's free.

You've reccommended Norton, I was using that before. When the licence for it ran out I started using AVG, scanned my PC when it was all installed and it found at least 5 viruses (Virii?) that Norton didn't find. You get updates every say which is more than can be said for Norton.

Anyway, to the OP I'd just format your PC, it doesn't really seem worth trying to get rid of all of those viruses (again, Virii?) lol.

haha dan you got owned mate. I hear that brother. BF2 is reinstalled as well siders if you care lol. My xfire is godbarber, xfire and bf2 is sorted now. (Y)

EDIT: Well for security i use, spybot, avg anti virus, and ad aware. They seem to pick up the majority of tripe on my computer.

Edited by Barber

haha dan you got owned mate. I hear that brother. BF2 is reinstalled as well siders if you care lol. My xfire is godbarber, xfire and bf2 is sorted now. (Y)

EDIT: Well for security i use, spybot, avg anti virus, and ad aware. They seem to pick up the majority of tripe on my computer.

huh??? im confused lol

to prove whats better i have mcafee and AVG running at the same time. lets see what brings up more results shall we.

sam

AVG is better. full stop.

For anti virus software i use spybot search and destroy, it gets rid of a load of spyware which is good. I also use ad aware which is also a good program, that gets rid of all the adware on your pc (oh the irony :P ) so basically if you have AVG, spybot, and ad-aware you'll be pretty gosh darn safe when it comes to computer security providing you do frequent scans to keep your computer free of crap.

Oo i've had AVG now for the past 5 years and have never, what so ever been infected!

Fact i now get the very latest monthly updates on a disc to test with other stuff is good.

I once did some work with Norton and the way it writes it's self in to you OS is not legaly safe in Winows term and con for software devlopment! i soon left Norton.

There are many copies of Norton as they are a sell out! Panda Titanmu is one you shouldn't touch as it run on the virus network. You'll see the registry for it go from 100mb as the basic prog is to over 5GB in a day if you leave you pc on!

AVG is the most update anit virus out there, ialso when scaning you'll see CPU usage is the hiugest of any have going which shows and means it really is working your pc to hunt down shit cos you have been stupided enough to clikc on stuff you shouldn;t which is 90% of the reason you get virus

lol its at 36000 now.

for the love of god please stop soon lol.

i just started using it yesterday anbd thats why i have so many i think.

if i stop it now can i get rid of all the ones it has picked up so far and start again after that or should i just leave it to scan through?

sam

Hasn't anyone tried 'avast! antivirus'? Its supposed to be as good if not better than anything norton can some up with and its free! :-

Cheers

Im running avast on my 64bit system (cos AVGs 64bit version isn't free) and on my shabby old Vaio (because it seemed ok on the 64 system) .

Avast isn't bad but the interface mings almost as much as AVG and it seems to eat a lot more resources than macafee does. I wouldn't recommend it for a low spec machine at all.

Consumer Norton f**king sucks - the network based version we have at work doesn't suck at all cos it doesn't do all the windows unsafe things Pete quite rightly mentioned (ie. you can actually remove it if you want to) and it just sits there quietly until it's needed.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Macaffee (*sp) , I use it on my main XP machine - it's small, unobtrusive and works pretty damn well - best of all its cheap, £8 a year or something. Teamed up with zonealarm, the firewall on your router, ad-aware and spybot it makes you about as safe as you ever need to be at home. I have never had a virus, trojan or any serious spyware on that machine

is it the free one you downlaod and have 15 days use on??

I'd say leave it and let it do it's thing fully!

Once it's done, go and delet and stuff you don't need or want anymore okay.

The go my computer > C > Right click > propties > tool > defragment now > then hit the button defrag

It's like having a office lass in you pc, you HD is like a huge fileing cabnet and you've just thrown it in okay, this program built in by windows will file everyhting in the right place and compress it thus making more space and system faster slightly!

I'd also be inclined to look at your PDFCG useage! Ctrl > Alt> Delet all @ once, then top bar processess

A normal windows is 24 from fresh and 26 is the normal when all software neede dis on, when in use 30 is allowed, anyhting over is erm worrying and usally means virus!

Max i have sceen was 300 at once.

CPU usage pending you system built 5/10% can be allowed

Then click on performance, PF might be a kilelr again pending you build. Comit charge also is one i'd be intrested in!

36000 vrius i find hard to belive! Windows would of cracked and fell faster and harder than humpty dumpty ever did! Go get me a screen shot now!

Edit just looked at the 1st pics and seen there worms which are great for hacking! wana send me an e-mail right now with them all on you system? I'll go make some tweaks to your system which will help a lot! Or you can use remote assitnat thing but it's effort hacking is easyer!

Edited by Wright Pads

From the locations of the virus's it seams that your using Limewire or something.

If you dont want to get a virus don't use P2P software because you dont know where the data it is coming from!!

Also in my experience "Avast" is better than "AVG" :rolleyes:

rocks370

is it the free one you downlaod and have 15 days use on??

I'd say leave it and let it do it's thing fully!

Once it's done, go and delet and stuff you don't need or want anymore okay.

The go my computer > C > Right click > propties > tool > defragment now > then hit the button defrag

It's like having a office lass in you pc, you HD is like a huge fileing cabnet and you've just thrown it in okay, this program built in by windows will file everyhting in the right place and compress it thus making more space and system faster slightly!

I'd also be inclined to look at your PDFCG useage! Ctrl > Alt> Delet all @ once, then top bar processess

A normal windows is 24 from fresh and 26 is the normal when all software neede dis on, when in use 30 is allowed, anyhting over is erm worrying and usally means virus!

Max i have sceen was 300 at once.

CPU usage pending you system built 5/10% can be allowed

Then click on performance, PF might be a kilelr again pending you build. Comit charge also is one i'd be intrested in!

36000 vrius i find hard to belive! Windows would of cracked and fell faster and harder than humpty dumpty ever did! Go get me a screen shot now!

Edit just looked at the 1st pics and seen there worms which are great for hacking! wana send me an e-mail right now with them all on you system? I'll go make some tweaks to your system which will help a lot! Or you can use remote assitnat thing but it's effort hacking is easyer!

heres the screenshot for you.

IPB Image

dont understand what you meen though with the sending bit. why would you want worms on your pc anyways?

sam

edit: yea im running 5 different user accounts. i had mcaffe on here but it did a hell of a lot of good didnt it lol. ive got rid of limewire now anyways.

Edited by saracen_rider

Right, for one get a decent anti-virus software, for example "norton anti-virus 2006" or mcafee.

Use either on of them to scan your computer and then once your computer is fully scaned you just basically delete the virus's and if there is anyleft it is more than likely spyware, so you will be needing spyware doctor to sort it out, then you should be sorted.

Oh i almost for got, then try defraging your computer and also doing disc clean up.

Dan.

oh my god dont ever say Norton is good! its absolute trash.. it cant even freese trojans.. it just slows your computer down and fills it with reg keys, and likes to say its scanning all your files when you dont need it to, and ends up crashing your PC.. i have said this so many times and no one believes me at first, but when they pay some bloke who knows how to charge 200£ who ends up reinstalling windows with fake reg keys, they listen to me.

www.avast.com.. get the free home edition and register your email and get the key code for free :) AVG is pretty good though, use that for now..

also try and make sure the size of the file looks ok if your downloading stuff from kazaa n limewire or whatever.. if the file is under 100kb and its a song, its obv fake!

Dan.

Are you seroius???

AVG is THE best one to use, I bought the full version, last 2 years an havnt had a single virus since I got it.

Updates atleast once a day, sometimes 2 or 3.

I agree with Pete Wright for once on this one aswell (Y)

How many anit virus software pagies do you know of that will update if not onc to 2 or 3 times a day and in that ask to reboot!!

A reboot is usally as it's a heavy bit of kit just be instaled and is parly writen into Windows registery/directory.

Okay i said about that earlyer, but AVG is the only one certified by Bill him self of Microsoft to do so and work wth him on it!

AVG's cover for Vista is amazing. AVG actacly worked with Windows to write there built in anti vrius!! How cool is that. I only found out when i ran AVG on vista and it kicked off a little saying program already running hehehe

Anyway if you ever wnat you pc fixing i'll sort it and can and will keep all your doc on the system virus free!