Chris King Classic Rear Hubs

Ben Beckett

i think it might be the fact that theres a buckle? my hub does it tooo and its not a king

max....

Lol :S .

Kings do that, they buzz or whatever, and the pitch gets higher as it gets faster and gts louder etc, I can't explain... Lol.

Mat

if the angry bee noise they make should be constant or not, mine sort of goes up n down as the wheel spins.

Hey, good choice with the king, the angry bee noise is a good sign (generally the louder the better, when it goes quiet you have to watch out) the change in pitch (noise going up and down) when wheel spins is due to the driven and drive shell not being machined perfectly. If it was absolutely perfect, yes it would stay constant, but unfortunately nothing is perfect.

The reason the noise gets louder the faster the wheel is spinning is because the centripetal force is throwing the drive shells apart and separating the grease from them, its very normal for a king to do it. The faster the wheel is spinning the greater the centripetal force, the more the grease gets thrown out, the louder the noise…

Hope this helps.

Edited by jon0