My T-bast*rd

The Duck

For about 3 months my frame has sort of been dented in where the front bolt of the bash plate is <_< . When i first noticed it, i took the bash plate off, so i didn't make it any worse and so it would force me to learn to back wheel stuff better.

Then about a month later i decided I was to lazy to not have a bash plate, so I put it back on.

This is what just happened;

:( #1 (click here)

:( #2 (and here)

:( #3 (and here if you really want to)

Can i get this re-welded? Is it under warranty? (i bought it just over a year ago)..... Any suggestions what i should do?

:

Don't think I really want an onza again after that! I didnt abuse it at all! For the first couple of weeks (because i was clueless and i made the mistake of reading the warrenty, 'dont use in wet weather...') i hid under things when it started to rain and stuff! :unsure: hahaha

That happened to me (N)

Take it to supercycles and get £100 replacement (Y)

The new version has a extra strengthening plate (Y)

Sorry its quite late (thats my excuse), but do you mean i pay £100 and then get a replacement?

legend has it they addressed the stupid bashplate mount issue once they'd noticed loads of people were doing that so its possible your half price warranty replacement ont suffer the same problem.

Of course, this could all be bullshit...

It better not be, i'm not very happy :pirate:. I think the plan is... I phone them (using my angry voice), and say; ... loads of people with the same problem.... New one if you please?...

Hey i ride an onza t-mag and i hasnt got a crack on it even though i do some sort of big drops etc do you ride street or natural cause if you ride street get a gu or zoo python .

Well if you do 'big drops ect' how does that effect the bash plate? If your dropping off a wall for example, onto flat ground, what the duck has that got to do with the bash plate? Sorry if you meant it in a different way matey!!

Cheers for all the help you guyths ({)

Really though, Onza should replace your frame free of charge.

The older t-mag frames did what has happend to yours, they have now chaged the frame so this dosn't happen, prooving that it was their fault. So really your kinda in the right for a free replacement.

However you will have no problems what so ever at getting a new t-mag frame at half price.

(Y)

Sorry its quite late (thats my excuse), but do you mean i pay £100 and then get a replacement?

Yes it is you that has to pay the £100

Its funny how Onza make lots of money because there products break all the time.

Most people buy onza because its cheap but you end up paying more than if you just bought a decent bike in the first place. (N)

I learnt the hard way :( I've payed over £700 and ended up with a T-mag when they only actually cost £500

The lesson is don't buy onza (Y)

haha!

lawnmowermans was the 1st to do that, lasted him about 3 weeks that frame lol

New design now, should be able to get it done on crash replacement i think

Sorry Si-man, i think we posted our messages at the same time so i managed to miss yours! I think i should be able to get it done on crash replacement too! :- I just need to dig up the warranty to see if it says anything helpful...

Really though, Onza should replace your frame free of charge.

The older t-mag frames did what has happend to yours, they have now chaged the frame so this dosn't happen, prooving that it was their fault. So really your kinda in the right for a free replacement.

However you will have no problems what so ever at getting a new t-mag frame at half price.

Yeah your absolutely right, I still think its stupid them asking me to fork out 145 quid for their mistake that they've now corrected. I didn't even know they had changed the frame so that didn't happen :(. I think I was one of the first people to buy it, so I did get one of the ones that cracks easily.

Yes it is you that has to pay the £100

Its funny how Onza make lots of money because there products break all the time.

Most people buy onza because its cheap but you end up paying more than if you just bought a decent bike in the first place.

I learnt the hard way I've payed over £700 and ended up with a T-mag when they only actually cost £500

The lesson is don't buy onza

Lesson learned! To be honest if the best they can do is offer me a half price frame, they can keep it. I'd much rather get an Echo or a GU with my money! ^_^

what a bashtard!!! :( :(

:lol: Corney

Thanks again chaps :nerd:

Edited by Mr_Tensile

To be honest if the best they can do is offer me a half price frame, they can keep it. I'd much rather get an Echo or a GU with my money! ^_^

I decided to get a half price replacement. What a mistake. The brake pads don't line up with the rim unless my chain is really slack. Now i'm saving up far a GU. I wont have enough money until next summer :(

I decided to get a half price replacement. What a mistake. The brake pads don't line up with the rim unless my chain is really slack. Now i'm saving up far a GU. I wont have enough money until next summer :(

Quote, quote, quote...

I havent had any problems like that! The set up is fine :) I think I'd quite like a longer frame...

Couldn't you just take some links out of the chain? :rolleyes: Are you still running an 18t freewheel at the front and a 12t rear sprocket? If not that might be the problem.

:cheers:

Edited by Mr_Tensile

Hey i ride an onza t-mag and i hasnt got a crack on it even though i do some sort of big drops etc do you ride street or natural cause if you ride street get a gu or zoo python .

cos there very cheap and everyone can buy them.. <_<lol

shame, i liked that frame, and i was going to get one, until i got a lil more money and put it towards a zona :P

I havent had any problems like that! The set up is fine :) I think I'd quite like a longer frame...

Couldn't you just take some links out of the chain? :rolleyes: Are you still running an 18t freewheel at the front and a 12t rear sprocket? If not that might be the problem.

Yes i'm running 18:12 gear ratio.

I've tried taking some links out but then it's too short :S

Yes i'm running 18:12 gear ratio.

I've tried taking some links out but then it's too short :S

Have you split it, then adjusted the chain tugs so the distance between the cranks and the back wheel is shorter, then removing the offending links? So basically adjust the chain tugs and you'll be able to do it!

Added you on msn incase your still having problems! :rolleyes: Starting to go a bit :offtopic:

Edited by Mr_Tensile

Found my warranty...

The frame and forks are guarenteed for 1 year... Accidental dammage , inadequate maintenance and abuse may render the warranty void....

Any I've had it for over a year :( .But...

The warranty expressly covers faulty workmansip or materials and does not include bending and/or subsiquent breaking of parts. Bending is a sign of abuse inconsistant with the bikes intended use :ermm: and is therefore not covered

hmmmmm

The warenty is limited to replacing the defective part without charge....

Any idea's where to go now?

Cheers

Found my warranty...

Any I've had it for over a year :( .But...

hmmmmm

Any idea's where to go now?

Cheers

I'd say give them a ring and tell them what's happened, also tell them that your aware of the change's due to many of them breaking, and see what they say. I'd imagine you'll have no problems with half price replacement, but you might want to push for a bit more due to them changing the design from the original......

Edited by jake1516

yeah - if it's one of the old ones you might get away with blaming them for having a shite design. However, your warranty's run out and you have smacked it on stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if they told you to bugger off on getting a free replacement but you could happily have a half price replacement.

Which brings me onto defending Onzas half price replacement scheme....

If you take a hammer to your onza frame theyll replace it half price - even after the 1 year warranty has expired. In direct contrast, if you ride your koxx up a kerb and the f**ker snaps in half after the 3 month warranty has expired they tell you to piss off.

Now ask yourself which of these companies has the best warranty/replacement scheme ?