Front And Rear Disks?

matty17

Front disc definitely, apart from making some moves easier, it's a quiet way to slow you down. Believe me, there's nothing worse than going fast down hill with a ground front rim, squeaky pads and some tar or other sticky shit spread on it. Apart from the noise, the braking might cost you some new pads. So do get the front disc, it's really worth it.

As far as rear disc goes, it's a fine solution as long as you know how to keep it away from stuff that can damage it. That's why you should first get the feel of trials bikes in general, and then think about running a dual disc setup. It is a risk, the chances that you will land on your disc after a missed sidehop, or hit it when riding natural aren't that small. Apart from that, I don't see why a beginner should need the modulation and extra power a disc brake gives you. Those are pretty much the only advantages apart from it being dead quiet which doesn't really influence the feel and performance of the bike.

if your frame doesn`t brake down with a rear disc, Just put them a rear disc. It`s quiet and they break great. I think they have the problem of the "flopy" wheel... at least that happends to my front wheel: the spokes bend and I feel like my fork or headset is flopy.

Front disc of course. Completely aproved.

If your planing on using double disk

make sure your frame is built for it

ie monty frames

but if your a begining there not much point in rear disk

as you wont really know how to do stunts in the prober way

ie evenin out weight when your droppin off somthin

**which i m sure if you dont do it right, it will cost you moneys** :(

so yer front disk (Y)

rear disk :S (not recommended for beginings) even CESAR CANAS dont use double disk and hes world champ

just use HS33 they will get your far :-

then if you want more power just change the pad (Y)

There is no particularly strong argument to suggest that as a begginner you should avoid a rear disc brake at all costs. However, if you are intent on running disc brakes make sure they are hydraulic as a good v-brake is often as good as, if not better, than a mechanical disc brake.

Also bear in mind that it is almost guranteed that you will want to try maguras at some point, so why not invest in these from the start? It is also unlikely that you will damage a rim brake as you progress, something that is likely to occur if you have disc brakes.

yea double disk is a good option, a front one definately, but back disks are amazing the bad side is they are very vunerable to get hit on a side hop etc, this could cause alot of stress and a rubbish break....

Edited by matt!

isn't the problem with running rear disk brake is that it can tear itself off as when you are on the back wheel the caliper is being pulled away from the frame (if you are backhopping) thus most standard disk mounts break and only few trials specific frames have disk mounts to compensate for this. but a well setup magura is plenty of power.

Yeah, that can happen. The KOT MS2 doesn't have that issue though, muchos recommended.

I would say if you're a true beginner, avoid discs altogether. there is a high chance you'll hit them. But it would be a good idea to have your bike setup to move to them later. So get disc hubs etc.

Yeah, that can happen. The KOT MS2 doesn't have that issue though, muchos recommended.

I would say if you're a true beginner, avoid discs altogether. there is a high chance you'll hit them. But it would be a good idea to have your bike setup to move to them later. So get disc hubs etc.

exactly, well said