Can 5 Degrees Really Change My Riding?

Egg Fried Rice

yo dude!

bought a new stem, changed from t-master high rise to the try all 35 degree stem.

went out to do a wheel transfer on a medium size wall and FAILED so badly, i was so confused why i couldnt do it, i used to be able to so easily.

at first i thought it was my tyres as i changed from maxxi CC to montys which at first dd feel really weird as the montys have stiff sidewalls

has anyone had any kind of problems when changing parts on their bikes? :blink:

JK

Edited by J-KAY

changing from a stem with good (appropriate) geo to one with shit (inappropriate) geo will completely wreck your riding - it puts your bars (which affect your whole riding position) in a different place

in short..

put the t-master back on and sell the french crap to somebody

every mod that i'v ever ridden and gotton on with well, has had either a t master or echo team stem.

also, did you put your bars back at the correct angle?

are you sure you just didnt f--k up the wheelswap? or did you try it lots of times?

Edited by mat hudson

yo dude!

bought a new stem, changed from t-master high rise to the try all 35 degree stem.

went out to do a wheel transfer on a medium size wall and FAILED so badly, i was so confused why i couldnt do it, i used to be able to so easily.

at first i thought it was my tyres as i changed from maxxi CC to montys which at first dd feel really weird as the montys have stiff sidewalls

has anyone had any kind of problems when changing parts on their bikes? :blink:

JK

Dont worry about it, it's because you have little wheels. :P Naa try going back to your t-master stem, and see if that makes a difference.

hmm......im starting to get use to it now and its slowly coming back to me but the t-master is a tad to high for me(if you chekc out the bike pics of my aorta you will even see that its a really high rise).

while im here, does anyone use monty tyres? i find that there crap for grip on rocks.

JK

You could be amazed by the difference a stem makes.

I was.

Seriously, the wrong length/rise can make the difference between rideable and unrideable. Trust me, I went from stupidly long & high to stupidly short & low, and ended up somewhere back in the middle, where it's a LOT better.

Even the bar angle makes a massive difference.

Break out the Allen Keys. Fiddle. A lot.

If it still ain't right, flog the stem and get something different.

I don't think there's really an easy way around it.

BREAKTHROUGH!

ive now got my old touch back and a lower rise stem is much better, now that ive got use to it.

easier to backwheel, tap and sidehop.

JK

Prefer the lower stems as well. They're not easy to get used to, but as you wrote they make some things easier. I don't agree that it's easier to tap on them though but that must be a personal preference.

Your f**ing weird!

You were riding fine in London and was doing all those moves you were just taking about!

Whats your problem?

And it's not your tyres, they were covered in tread!

When i rode your bike it was fine and i ride stock and am 6'6"!

I sometimes wonder about you and whether or not you are truely writing topics for your post percentage or just because you aren't quite all there.

Nice guy and all but you come out with some strange comments, such as in London you said "my brakes are crap, i'm thinking of changing them".

You don't remember how well those brakes locked? I'm huge and they stopped dead!

You riding a pretty much new bike for gods sake!

Sort yourself out Jon and try to experience your bike, stop complaining about the bike when perhaps it's just you and stop upgrading to something new every 5 minutes.

I'm goimg to bed angry now!