20"

Conor the basher.

I've got two hope skewers on my bike and mynes a mod i just have a hope xc hub on the front and a tryall on the back.

Matt Rushton

yo, how you like youe hope xc hub??? I was thinking off gettin one with a echo rim mayb (drilled) and a avid bb7, what you people think of this setup???

~matty

yo, how you like youe hope xc hub??? I was thinking off gettin one with a echo rim mayb (drilled) and a avid bb7, what you people think of this setup???

~matty

Dont get an echo rim dude. Just get a koxx rim instead, the echo rims aren't really too good...

Hope XC's are good though, matt's lasted ages. Once you start spending £35-£40 on a front hub there pretty much the same.

~matty

I run that set-up on the front.

Black Hope XC, Black spokes, Black Echo rim with 160mm Avid BB7.

Works nicely.

Wheel is nice and light, and Hope seemed the cheapest option from Tarty for a front disk hub.

I know the Echo rims are terrible on the rear, but you don't exactly need a super strong rim on the front...

Avid works well nice too. 160mm gives me modulation, and lock. - Perfect for the the front.

Oh, and to answer to the main question: Quick release on Mods only works on the front.

If you have it on the back, it will just slip about. - Unless it's done up super-dooper tight and will never come undone again.

Edited by Dan6061

~matty

Yeah the xc hub is great i've got it built onto a blue tryall rim with a 180mm hope rotor not a promblem with it ever.

Matt Rushton

Edited by matt rushton