Trials Beginner

Barghy

Hey i have just got into trial atm i have a concept mountain bike... :S it is aweful but i am saving atm for a new bike. I like the look of the 26" echo bikes but doubt i can afford it. I was lookign for advice on a good begginers 26 bike for a 6ft 3" teenager... Also any tips on starting up websites, guides, tricks, practise etc is welcomed as i dont really hace a clue atm.

Hey i have just got into trial atm i have a concept mountain bike... :S it is aweful but i am saving atm for a new bike. I like the look of the 26" echo bikes but doubt i can afford it. I was lookign for advice on a good begginers 26 bike for a 6ft 3" teenager... Also any tips on starting up websites, guides, tricks, practise etc is welcomed as i dont really hace a clue atm.

have a look on ebay for a second hand echo.........you MAY be able to afford one.

have a look on tarty they have some good cheap frames etc..

(Y)

Edited by ben beckett

ok thanks a lot for the help. Im just browsing atm for suff trashzen is a great help.

Well i could get any bike its just my parents wouldnt spnd that much lol so i have to get it myself. If i get into it ill spend my summer wages on a great bike. Ill have £750 to spend on a bike then

oh and do you reccommend i start with a bike and improve or just start from scratch. Also for now can i practise on my crappo mountain bike or is it essential i get a trials bike?

yeah well my mum works with ben slingers mum. Ben slinger is the 3 times world trails champion (youth). So i guess i should talk to him really but its a bit daunting so i wanted to get better first so he could help me improve rather than teach me and me being really bad...

• 5 months later...

Same as me, starting on my MTB. I'd set your suspension to pretty rigid so you don't get used to the bounce which you wont have when you get a trials bike. Learn all the basics on your MTB like trackstands, rocking etc. Should help alot (Y)

Me and my mate started on a 20" wheeled mountain bike :rolleyes: Was more of a pretend thing though, we got the balance down on the sucker though, then we moved onto a da bomb.

I suggest you just speak to Ben and ask him to help you to be honest. It'll be much easier in the long run, plus he'll probably let you try stuff on his bike ;)

well for the website your best bet is www.trashzen.com

but as for the bike what is your budget ?

Did nobody look at my post, this thread was started in september! SO that kid who wants to start riding trials hasnt been back onto the forum since 11th September 2006 - 06:49 PM. What's the point in giving him your advice, when really your repeating what other's have said.

What is the point really? >_<

Hi, its alot easier to get a trials bike straight away and do it up. My mate just got an onza t-vee and has slowly done it up. It would be really awkward learning with your bike because of the amount of engagement points in the rear hub and the size and weight of the bike would also be awkward to learn with.

Hope that helps,

Adam.