Xbox 360

Onzaallen

hello, I have used the search but all the posts were made about a year ago.

So what i am wondering, is the xbox worth the money?

Are the graphics as good as everyone was saying they were going to be before it came out?

I was thinking for either the core package, HERE

or the slightly dearer option (might be worth the extra though) HERE

Do i need a memory card with any of them? Just the xbox before came with memory space in the hard drive i think. so i am not sure if it any of them would need one.........

Where is the cheapest place you guy know i can get one?

At first I thought it was great but I started to use it less often, like once a forenight, and now I am bored of it. The graphics for me was a bit of a dissappointment but I only had some of the first bunch of games, so the later games will have better graphics. I personally like the look of the PS3 more apart to price. Overall the xbox 360 is a ok game console (best atm) but thats if you still enjoy playing computer games (I am starting to find all games boring).

PC ***

EDIT: Wait till chrismas, they are going to bring the prices down cause of the relases of the PS3 and Wii. Premuim pack would be better to get too.

I did have one when they came out at christmas, i got the core package and brought a harddrive separate.

The graphics are good, especially on games like rockstar table tennis, but it just seemed like in many cases it was over hyped with claims for photo realistic graphics etc. And the games it has got out seem pretty boring to be honest as the best one i had was hitman blood money as i just got bored of the rest.

But i ended up getting a full refund on mine, as my first one shat the bed, then i got a second which again did the same, and it was either get a third one or full money back. They just seem to have made a balls up by releasing it too early with a fair few problems.

Also if you do decide you definitely want one wait until 2007 as they are updating them with a new cpu chip, to make it run at lower temperatures as the first cpu was too big, and most of the power it has wasn't being put to use.

But i think i will wait until the nintendo comes out before i consider getting another, as to me that will be the best hands down, purely for the entertainment and fun.

cheers huch_it you have been a great help! I so badly want one now, just it is getting dark at 8 o clock with me so the night is boring as there is no street lights so i can't ride my bike. Will the newer ones in 07 really be worth waiting for with that new change?

Well i know the two i had just over heated and showed the red lights, because they both got extremely hot inside even though they were in well ventilated areas and i always kept my window open when i played it, but still it ended up going back as the warranty was running out and i didn't want to be stuck with a broken xbox and no warranty, so it was either get a full refund or end up with a 3rd xbox that could break.

But the ones that had the most problems were the second batch made around christmas time, as they were made from a different factory (and slightly rushed) or so i was told.

I think the newer ones do have less problems, but still if i were you i would just wait for the update with the smaller cpu as it will stop them from getting so hot, but like i say i don't think you should have any major problems with the more recent ones if you do want to get one, but you have be warned :P

Edited by huck_it

By no means am i saying that they all have problems as i know a couple of people that have got them and had no problems, could just be that i'm unlucky, and it did seem like it was the earlier ones that had the problem.

Apparently it should be out early in 2007, but i don't think there is any official date yet. There is a bit more about it hereXbox 360.

Microsoft service isn't too bad if you have a problem though, you just ring them tell them whats wrong, and they arrange for it to be picked up, and if it's repairable they will fix it, if not you usually get a reconditioned one.

If you still fancy one, but slightly cheaper, I am looking to sell mine due to needing money for uni!

Full premium package (with hard drive, wireless controller, headset blah blah blah) and can also throw in Halo, Halo II, Halo Multiplayer maps and Ghost Recon.

All in mint condition, fully boxed in the original boxes etc. and never had any problems with overheating (Even with several all-night gaming sessions. Oh the shame!)

Looking for around £250 with all the games, or around £210 without

PM me if you fancy, no worries if not. Just saves you a bit of cash, and helps me out at the same time :P

If you still fancy one, but slightly cheaper, I am looking to sell mine due to needing money for uni!

Full premium package (with hard drive, wireless controller, headset blah blah blah) and can also throw in Halo, Halo II, Halo Multiplayer maps and Ghost Recon.

All in mint condition, fully boxed in the original boxes etc. and never had any problems with overheating (Even with several all-night gaming sessions. Oh the shame!)

Looking for around £250 with all the games, or around £210 without

PM me if you fancy, no worries if not. Just saves you a bit of cash, and helps me out at the same time :P

pmed you buddy