Insurance For My Bikes (not Motorbikes)

nmt_oli

Right, off to uni again this year and want a good insurance policy as have now had 3 bikes nicked in total.

Last year my halls policy covered me for up to £1000 of bike which was nice, and i used it- but this year my halls have already arranged insurance for the room, and im not going to buy more just to cover bikes- so i want seperate bikes cover.

I will be insuring:

kona dudu custom build xc/freeride £2500 combined RRP (this wont be going to uni- but i want to insure it)

Orange zero trials bike £1500 Combined RRP

Possibly a cheap run around, might not be worth insuring it.

So who has good cover, and at the best prices?

Endsleigh covered my bikes when I was at Uni, and not too unreasonable prices. The only problem is that you have to insure each bike separately at a cost of about of 10% of the value of the bike per year....

When I was sharing a house, I tried to get my bikes covered on my possesions cover, but that would have cost a fortune. I just didn't bother...

Now I'm just sharing a house with my girlfriend, and we have one policy for all of our stuff, I asked about bikes.

"How much is the most expensive one worth?"

A grand

"Yeah, that's fine."

I've got more several bikes

"They're all covered, as long as they're all worth less than a grand"

Sweet!

After having about £2500 worth of bike nicked from my garden and only getting £1000 of it back (2 bikes nicked, one recovered) we got our house insurance changed so that it covers up to £3000 worth of 'personal posetions' outside the house, which included bikes. I think my mum said it added about £9 or something stupidly small onto our house insurance a month. The bit that would be interesting to you, is that when we asked, they also said it covered my brothers posetions while he was at uni, just not in his hall/student. I dunno if that means much to you, but if you recon that your rooms fairly safe, it might be worth looking into, think its with M&S weirdly.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...