Back Wheeling/rolling Pedal Up?

bowman12

you tried tapping your front wheel on the lip of the object to give you a bit of extra bounce? i think it all comes down to technique really, just push the bike up that little bit more and hit it abit faster so you can concentrate on going up and not allong (makes a differance) or look at other riders and see what they do to get more height etc?

ive got the same problem, im starting to get more and more height, i find that more speeds get me heigher, peda as fast as possible and on the last stroke before you take off pull on the bars and give it a huge kick on the pedal, once you fel yourself taking off use the technique of a bunny hop and then push forward with your arms. It really helps me get height.

ive got the same problem, im starting to get more and more height, i find that more speeds get me heigher, peda as fast as possible and on the last stroke before you take off pull on the bars and give it a huge kick on the pedal, once you fel yourself taking off use the technique of a bunny hop and then push forward with your arms. It really helps me get height.

NO!!! You want technique not speed! If you go at a steady (slow-ish) speed then use that last kick for the extra power, that's more like it. It's like jumping up but pulling the bike up with you... sorry bad explanation :$ i can't really explain it.

If you go as fast as you can, you will not only use up all your energy before you even get up anything, but if you do miss it or do something wrong (which always happens when you'll try new things) you will be in a lot more pain when you fall off if you are going at speed.

Give it some beans! and do you use 1 or 2 fingers if you use 2 change to one that helps loads (Y)

Correct! (Y) Forgot about that. I used to use two fingers for my brakes and couldn't do anything, but then I started using just the one and I improved straight away! It does take a little bit of getting used to but only a few minutes.

I always had a problem with this.(still do kind of!) i am kinda weird cos i lack co-ordination. i couldnt get my arms to move at the same time as my legs to lift the bike so my legs were kind of restricting me but then i got used to it. You just need to give it a bit of time really.

probaly aint helped much cos it mite not make any sense to anyone but me!

Smurf.