Spyware Removers

Alex.loves.boys

Im sure everyone will recommend Ad-Aware and Spybot, but to be honest after using these and then going back to SpywareDoctor, it detects spyware that Ad-Aware and Spybot couldn't find. Apparently SpywareDoctor is about as good as you can get in the way of recognising spyware.

The problem is ofcourse you have to pay for it to remove it, but... once scanned, it does give you the location of the spyware on your computer so you could find it all manually and delete it yourself. Ask if your stuck on getting the spyware out of your registry. :turned:

EDIT: sorry forgot link to download SpywareDoctor

Edited by Scopse

Try with Hijack This. its a tool for advanced users. if you are unsure what to do, ask someone.

I clean my computer with spybot and adaware. I dont use firewall,

being behind a router is enough. i dont even use an antivirus software. with these tools i dont need it...

other thing that keeps me off spyware is that im browsing with Opera, as long as it isn't Microsoft IE its ok :D

You got anything important?

If not, format and re-install, then RUN YOUR COMPUTER IN A LIMITED ACCOUNT.

Sorted (Y)

P.S When/if you get your computer sorted out, I would still recommend setting yourself up a 'Limited' account, so your day-to-day doings in the internet world will not be able to affect how well your computer runs.

For you and me, true.

But how much more annoying is a computer full of spywear, for someone who hasn't got a single idea on how to get rid of it...

...like this guy. See my point?

Most people change their software/hardware configuration on a very infrequent basis, Dan, unlike the computer geeks of this universe. All they want is a computer that runs the internet fast, and can play games, fast.

The limited account stops you from f**king up your software environment as easily, and the inconvinience of having to log onto another account once a month to install the latest EA Game is a welcome trade for a computer that runs fast for years.

Edited by Extreme_biker0

Joe's comprehensive list of crap to use (it's not long):

Spybot - Search and Destroy

AdAware Personal SE

SpywareBlaster (a program with regular updates that blocks spyware before it gets into your system)

Avast! antivirus, free and good (Y)

All of the above is free to use :)

I use all of those, and nothing else, they're all efficient, small programs, so they're not gonna put a hug strain on your resources like hulking heaps of crap like Norton will.

As far as spyware-cleaners are concerned; they all use different databases and will find things the others miss, if you want to be super-sure use a few, though I find those first two on my list to be perfectly adequate.

I use Ad-aware se professional which has ad watch which works like a firewall and stop registry modifications and other nasty stuff.

I also use spybot search and destroy but since i got ad aware it doesnt come up with anything.

The other programs i use are avg free and Windows firewall