Appendicitis

ausythegod

has any one here had the appendex out,it is so hard to move after it is done.

On monday night i had my tea,then got bad cramps which last till wensday morning,

i went to gp and she sent me straight to hospital and i had them out on thursday night,

it was my first time having an operation and i absouletly shit myself and i am not afraid to say it.

any one else here had the same experince

My friend had appendicitis whilst on the school ski trip and no one realized. He went to hospital two days after he got back as his appendix had ruptured inside his body, he would have been dead in 24 hours if he hadnt gone to hospital when he did, he pulled out of it fine though (Y)

I have no idea whether you're joking. But you only have one appendix.

You must have two, or how can you survive after having one removed!?

lol, you were just talking about having to remove them both anyway, so of course you can survive without it. Basically it's just a pointless bit of tissue (hence the name) that you don't need. Some kind of embryological remnant like your tailbone.

I have no idea whether you're joking. But you only have one appendix.

You must have two, or how can you survive after having one removed!?

I just read up on it, you now have the option of either an appendix transplant (the list is long), a prosthetic appendix (expensive), or you can session an appendix dialasis machine every day (time consuming).

Medical science has come a long way, but not in the area of treating appendixes it seems.

Anyway all the same get well soon.

Edited by Extreme_biker0