Paypal?

Matthew_Gibson

I've just got an Email off pay pal saying

Your online credit card account has high-risk activity status. We are contacting you to remind you that on October. 13, 2006 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure. If you would like close your credit card account, please contact us, as soon as possible.

Login to your limit account and restore online access:

This notification is part of the All-Electronic Program you enrolled in to receive your activity report online.

To protect the security of your account, PayPal, employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

If you're planning to change your e-mail address, sign-on to www.PayPal.com, go to the Manage My Account menu, and choose Update Personal Profile to edit your Email Profile. To change your postal address, just use the same menu and choose Address & Phone Change.

If you use your work e-mail address, keep in mind some employers may block receipt of employees' personal e-mail. Please update your e-mail address at www.PayPal.com -see instructions above.

Sincerely,

Card Member Services

The thing that's worrying me is, I haven't EVER signed up for pay pal. I didn't even make an order on the 13th of October. Is this just trying to get my bank details? the email is off: support_id66@us.paypal.com. So it sound proper. but is it? please some one help me.

I have checked my bank today. and it all fine there. (had £16 on Friday + EMA = £46 - food = £41)

but should I be worried?

Thanks for your time!!

I had an email a few weeks ago, it was something on the lines of that.

It was meant to be from barclays bank and pretty much said the same thing, and told me to go to a website which it linked to then type my details in to check if the account had been used by other people. Even though i'm only 14 and don't even have a bank account with them, so i'm guessing it was just one of them emails that scam people by getting their details :ermm:

Kind of worried me though, i don't know why :unsure:

I had an email a few weeks ago, it was something on the lines of that.

It was meant to be from barclays bank and pretty much said the same thing, and told me to go to a website which it linked to then type my details in to check if the account had been used by other people. Even though i'm only 14 and don't even have a bank account with them, so i'm guessing it was just one of them emails that scam people by getting their details :ermm:

Kind of worried me though, i don't know why :unsure:

I had that same email today, its just trying to get your paypal account details illegally, they do this when people put in their password and try to unrestrict access to their account, of course its a scam :)

Thanks Guys! Much Appreciated ;)

If it was a scam, how comes he just tells him to go on paypal.com.

Surely they'd include a link.

Looks a bit too long for a prank too.

it doesnt just send you to the paypal site, thats just what it wants you to think

Edited by Johneh