New Carbon Boster

Adrian

i got a bit bored and thought id make some bike parts, thought id start with a booster first, this 1 was only to make sure my mould was the right size and see how well it worked at that thickness, i havnt weighed it yet but i would say its about the same wieght as 1 grip...lol it works amazing just as stiff as my echo control control booster [attachmentid=7841]

also just made a chain tensioner, soz about the wierd colours, i marked the cloth with a orange and a black pen so its gone a weird colour

[attachmentid=7880]

Edited by aim@me

I know shag all about carbon fibre...so this will prob sound stupid, but.... why don't people spray paint cb products? That mesh effect looks total wank IMO?

Really nice idea's and I'm all up for lightweight components, but jeez! :sick:

think of CF as your mother, CF having unrivalled strength to weight ratio, your mother having unrivalled cooking and cleaning abilities. Just learn to love CF like you love your mother, you dont have to think they look good to love 'em.

its strong, light and looks pretty. but hit or scratch it and and you have had it. those mini seats look awsome and is a great example of where carbon can be used well. those spaces look pretty wicked too...always wondered if anybody made them.

using carbon for chain tensioners, thats just daft. a nice lovely ti would would be pretty cool. (Y)

I know shag all about carbon fibre...so this will prob sound stupid, but.... why don't people spray paint cb products? That mesh effect looks total wank IMO?

Really nice idea's and I'm all up for lightweight components, but jeez! :sick:

they do.. trek project one for example. the mes effect you talk about is often simply a thin sheet of weaving purely there for cosmetics as underneat there can be different weave patterns, depending on production i.e trek inject their frames i believe hence the whispy effect on their 'nude' frames

you dont have to think they look good to love 'em.

When something looks that nasty... I really do, and my Mom can't cook for shit. ^_^

the mes effect you talk about is often simply a thin sheet of weaving purely there for cosmetics as underneat there can be different weave patterns

Christ... that's someone's idea of cosmetics? :blink:

aim@me, care to explain / give me a link as to how CF is made or worked? I'm very intrigued? Looking at all those products, I can't begin to imagine how they are formed. Educate me if you would.... please?

PS: I did a quick search and found pics of honeycomb structures with nitrogen this and that? If its total physics, maybe you should forget it!

well to be honest carbon is shit for boosters as its made to be flexiable and youd probs need about 10 layers to make a decent booster, iv onle use 2 layers of carbon then some other bits and bobs :shifty:

just made a quick fibre glass chain tensioner aswell... pics in a bit