Dual Disk?

lil wilkins

who here uses a rear disk?

does it hold for small to big street such as drops rail gaps?

thanks jay

Faced mount, set up correctly works fine all the time. Providing you don;t mess with it or let anyone eles you'll be safe as houses with it!

I use a modded hope mono trials. 200mm rota cut for looks, 160 No.3 Mk2 claiper and seals alogn with pholnic piston, and a Pro C2 leaver that modded to run in the system!

Pete

Edit: also helps if the frame is ment for a disc on there rear. Some are really made well and others not so and this is the down fall!

hi there,

when i first got my bike, the original brakes (magura hs33's) had been changed for a set of front and rear magura julie hydraulic disk brakes.i tried using the julies for a few rides, and found that the front one was an ideal brake for trials, and after watching some videos on the internet i noticed that the majority of trials riders were runnig some form of a disk brake on the front, and a magura rim brake on the rear.when i had a hydraulic disk on the rear, it seemed to slip quite regularly when i was up on the back wheel, putting a lot of weight on it and after a few weeks, i was out practicing kick hops and as my rear wheel landed, the brake slipped and i ended up coming off the back.that was when i decided to put a hs33 back on the rear!

i hope this will be of some use when you are making your decision (Y)

alex

I ran dual disc for about a year, on a Python, GU and then a Monty. No way something like that will hold up with all these silly drop gaps people do. Besides, your wheel will break to bits before even the frame is affected. You'll need VERY strong spokes if you want to run dual disc and go big.

It probably depends what "going big" means by your standards?

kinda depends on which brake you have aswell, i have a magura marta on the rear and its fine, better than hs33 imo

But a brake like a magura julie isnt exactly the best disc brake..so it's not strange that it slips then

But i think that a hope mono trial will hold some pretty huge stuff :)

Well so far dual disc has been okay.currently using a marta on the rear with a 180mm rotor. As long as your mounts are faced properly, and your pads are in good condition they will hold up. If you're using hopes or maguras try to get a hold of the monty trials pads.i think they are the best pads to use if you wanna ''go big'' in that sense?haha. Yep. :)

Edited by Ben_OCP

On my 3rd ddisk Monty arrived today :) with the new styley waggly rotors

& nice new lever's. (Y)

I rode my old Monty on Sunday at Tykes with a rear maggie on & it felt horrible.

I had a fresh grind with new pads & after every couple of sections i had to adjust

the tpa on lever. :(

A rear disk setup right can be left alone & work better than any rim brake! <_<

I have used Marta's & Hope's, Hope's are the dogz (Y)

Cheer's Sam.