The 2007 Onza Range

Andeee

hi a week or 2 ago i saw the new onza range on tarty bikes i only saw the t-vee, t-bird and t-pro. i have just browse on the onza site and ive looked at the new 2007 t-comp and it is near enough exactly the same as the 2007 t-pro except colour and different components. The 2007 t-bird and t-vee al they have done is just swapped the colours round from the existing range and theyve changed the decals and 3 of the bikes have v-brakes. Also one of them has a cable disc whats happend to onza?? i was expecting some nicer desings of frames and set-up's.

Cheers Andy

I really dont like the way theyve taken away the 05 maggies for a front disk and rear v :huh:

Bit of a silly idea but the onza's are and most probably will be pretty darn good value for money =]

But to be honest i really dont like any of onzas frame designs apart from the savage 20" rig from 2004 i belive,was a pretty snazzy design. (Y)

Edited by Urban legend.

OOoooo t-comp. First time i've seen that.

It seems that the t-comp has replaced the old t-pro. It's going to be about the same price with much better rims, pedals and cranks. And probably some other stuff that i haven't noticed. So the bike as a whole looks to be a f**king bargin.

The new t-pro is kinda the new bike. Becuase it's about the same price as the old t-bird but with a much nicer frame geo wise and all around better components. The problem onza had was people were looking for a nice bike for around £350, but the t-bird wasn't really that great frame wise, and it had a rear freewheel which made it not fun to upgrade. So it's kinda filled in the void i recon.

Dunno what's going on with the disc on the front of the t-bird. I'd be interested to hear why they decided to put that on it. And why not the t-pro. I think it might be to do with the fact that the t-bird will be bought by the people who want a trials bike to pose on and say they do trials becuase they can backhop twice. And disc will make them look even cooler. Where as a proper trials rider wouldn't be seen dead with a crappy disc brake like that (assuming it is crap).

But it's always nice to see 4 nice beginer bikes instead of 3. I personally don't think it was a good idea to loose the maguras off the t-pro and t-bird. But they still have 4 bolt mounts, so an upgrade would be simple, and becuase the bikes are cheaper anyway, you'd have the money to do it.

At face value, it looks like onza are pissing about, but when you look at the prices and the newer components. It does all add up.

:)

one of the bens :ermm: .

Try slinger. ;)

Edited by JT!

OOoooo t-comp. First time i've seen that.

It seems that the t-comp has replaced the old t-pro. It's going to be about the same price with much better rims, pedals and cranks. And probably some other stuff that i haven't noticed.

The new t-pro is kinda the new bike. Becuase it's about the same price as the old t-bird but with a much nicer frame geo wise and all around better components. The problem onza had was people were looking for a nice bike for around £350, but the t-bird wasn't really that great frame wise, and it had a rear freewheel which made it not fun to upgrade. So it's kinda filled in the void i recon.

Dunno what's going on with the disc on the front of the t-bird. I'd be interested to hear why they decided to put that on it. And why not the t-pro. I think it might be to do with the fact that the t-bird will be bought by the people who want a trials bike to pose on and say they do trials becuase they can backhop twice. And disc will make them look even cooler. Where as a proper trials rider wouldn't be seen dead with a crappy disc brake like that (assuming it is crap).

But it's always nice to see 4 nice beginer bikes instead of 3. I personally don't think it was a good idea to loose the maguras off the t-pro and t-bird. But they still have 4 bolt mounts, so an upgrade would be simple, and becuase the bikes are cheaper anyway, you'd have the money to do it.

At face value, it looks like onza are pissing about, but when you look at the prices and the newer components. It does all add up.

:)

Try slinger. ;)

Haha. could be the one.

With the low dipping stays.

I think they dropped it or something im not so sure :rolleyes:

Haha. could be the one.

With the low dipping stays.

I think they dropped it or something im not so sure :rolleyes:

I heard they dropped the dropped stays. In a 'lets not do that anymore' sence. OBM has that frame now.

Did it actually make it threw to production on onza?

Not yet. But the internal chain tugg design that has been used has been patented. So someday...

Arrgh it seems the blind arab who "designed" the zona graphics has now worked his magic on the onza range...

I think they're good.

I like the new t-bird. I wouldn't have it though but its good for a first bike I think, quite smart.

The t-pro is abit nasty now theres no maggys...

~Matty :(

Yeah but if you want maggies, you just buy the t-comp. :)

The T-Vee looks gash in that colour, but the rest look nice, the T-Comp looks smart in the blue, but i would definetly not have one, they're too weak for street. (or so i've heard)

You do realise the new t-comp uses the same frame as the existing T-pro? I heard the older t-comps wer weak, but havn't heard anything too bad about the t-pro considering how many of them there are.

The T-Vee looks gash in that colour, but the rest look nice, the T-Comp looks smart in the blue, but i would definetly not have one, they're too weak for street. (or so i've heard)

The old t-comp was rather crap.

I've heard somewhere that the new t-pro / t-comp frame (assuming they're the same) have be tweaked slightly to prevent them braking like we so often see.

the t-pro frame wasn't especially weak anyway as far as I could see - you can guarantee at least half the busted ones we see on here have had about 3 owners. wouldn't hurt to reinforce that headtube junction area a bit though.

I'm liking the new range generally - i do think a disc on the t-comp and/or lighter forks would have been a sound idea though. To my mind the forks are the worst thing about the t-pro, they're solid enough but far, far too heavy

the t-pro frame wasn't especially weak anyway as far as I could see - you can guarantee at least half the busted ones we see on here have had about 3 owners. wouldn't hurt to reinforce that headtube junction area a bit though.

...or reinforce the downtube for poopipes 'gap to downtube' riding style.

;)