The Red Thing On My Hs33 Lever Has Locked Tight!

N Roach

What i done was remove the lever and get a pair of pliers/vice grips and turn the adjuster to the + way until the pin comes out and if possible get a tap and die and clean up the threads or remove the adjuster and run it up and down the pin a few times and put back together with grease and it wont seize. If you ever get a new one grease it first or do what i did and get a metal one it is then harder for the threads to mess up instead of plastic

I doubt the above will work as it doesn't turn as it is at an angle relative to the thread its on. And, it normally get stuck, fast. So, any way of loosening it will thread it, easily...

I say just get it out by all means necessary then buy a metal '74Kingz' one from Tarty (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2066); you got no chance of messing one of them up (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Nov 8 2006, 09:09 PM)

I doubt the above will work as it doesn't turn as it is at an angle relative to the thread its on. And, it normally get stuck, fast. So, any way of loosening it will thread it, easily...

I say just get it out by all means necessary then buy a metal '74Kingz' one from Tarty; you got no chance of messing one of them up (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

ye get one of or the 74 kings from tartys cant go wrong with that..ive made my own at work on a lathe..but if you havent got the time and machines to do that just go to tartys (Y)

christof

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Nov 8 2006, 09:09 PM)

I say just get it out by all means necessary then buy a metal '74Kingz' one from Tarty; you got no chance of messing one of them up (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

its a thread... course it will work. the copper stops the metals oxidising. the grease helps it run smooth.

the whole point of that wheel is to turn allowing the fluid to be pushed through the hosing. id the threads stuck, it wont budge. the grease eliminates that problem.

its a thread... course it will work. the copper stops the metals oxidising. the grease helps it run smooth.

the whole point of that wheel is to turn allowing the fluid to be pushed through the hosing. id the threads stuck, it wont budge. the grease eliminates that problem.

How are you supposed to get grease into something that you can't get into :blink: ?

Edited by joe b

im really getting confused now lol

people suggested the same thing up there so i dont get why you cant get into it. the red bit can come out, well has on ones ive seen unless yours is magic

Edited by Si-man

im really getting confused now lol

people suggested the same thing up there so i dont get why you cant get into it. the red bit can come out, well has on ones ive seen unless yours is magic

what happens is, because the tap has a plastic thread, if its not adjusted for along while, hard pulling of the lever pushs the metal rod into the threads and deforms them, and then you cant adjust it either way.

as a result, you cant undo the TPA to remove the metal rod allowing the red adjuster to come out. it happened to a friend of mine, and the red adjuster was completely ruined.

the only way we could get it out was to jam the red adjuster with an allen key, and then undo the metal rod using an adjustable spanner.

this of course flexes the lever blade open slightly and ruins the threads on the metal rod. although this isnt really a problem, as the threads that are damaged arnt too important, and only a fraction of adjustment is lost.

ive found the 74kingz tpa's seem to be VERY tight in the lever blades, and the one i came across wouldnt fit inside a deng lever blade AT ALL. so i think that needs to be addressed.

my edd potts tpa works perfectly, and is very easily adjustable, unlike the MEGA stiff 74kingz ones ive seen.

Yep, I'm having the same problem with my 74kingz TPA. The first one i had was stupidly stiff, as in i couldn't move it without pliers. I rang up tarty and they let me send it back to them so they could see if they could find one that was slightly thinner.

I got the second one the other day, its not as stiff as the other one, but its still waaaay stiffer than my original red one. :(

I'll try some copper grease tomorrow and see what happens...