New Member Just Saying Hi :)

IFallOffLots

Hi!

My name's Steve and I've just got back into trials again after a 4/5 year gap!

I've just started Uni in Leeds (I'm at the College of music) and thought I'd get a bike to ride in and back. Instead of getting a regular mountain bike I thought I'd go for a 26" trials bike as I knew that If I'd bought a regular mountain bike I'd be wishing it was trials-able lol :P And I'm not into any of these silly mod bikes *spit* ;):D

So anyway, I've managed to snag one off ebay and it arrived last Thursday, DMR sidekick, maguras, mavic d521s, middleburn rs7 cranks, azonic bars. A pretty blummin' good spec considering what I could (or couldn't!) afford 4/5 years ago when I was around 13/14 :P

I'm extremely rusty at trials (hence the forum name) and wondered if there were any riders from Leeds who'd fancy a new trialsy chap to point and laugh at (as it's gonna be a while until I'm back to where I was ! ). In all seriousness though I miss trials riding and would like to ease myself back into it again as I used to live for it and also for some exercise as being a student and all now I could really do with it!

So hello :)

Jesus, Somebody validate this guy, His spelling and punctuation are spot on.

Also you know what you are talking about.

my thoughts exactly, nice constructed post dude (Y)

anyway, welcome to the forum i'm sure that you will like the community

succes and have fun with the riding, i'm sure you can find some other people to ride with aswell :)

Hi!

My name's Steve and I've just got back into trials again after a 4/5 year gap!

I've just started Uni in Leeds (I'm at the College of music) and thought I'd get a bike to ride in and back. Instead of getting a regular mountain bike I thought I'd go for a 26" trials bike as I knew that If I'd bought a regular mountain bike I'd be wishing it was trials-able lol :P And I'm not into any of these silly mod bikes *spit* ;):D

So anyway, I've managed to snag one off ebay and it arrived last Thursday, DMR sidekick, maguras, mavic d521s, middleburn rs7 cranks, azonic bars. A pretty blummin' good spec considering what I could (or couldn't!) afford 4/5 years ago when I was around 13/14 :P

I'm extremely rusty at trials (hence the forum name) and wondered if there were any riders from Leeds who'd fancy a new trialsy chap to point and laugh at (as it's gonna be a while until I'm back to where I was ! ). In all seriousness though I miss trials riding and would like to ease myself back into it again as I used to live for it and also for some exercise as being a student and all now I could really do with it!

So hello :)

Wow

Welcome to Forum. I dont know any riders in the leeds region but I know some from Wakefield which is only a 10 minute train journey away...

Get hold of Deonn and Tom etc....

Abdab...

Am i right?? A DMR Sidekick for trials ridin?

Well i would go for somethin else....a friend

of mine snapped 2 dmr during 4 months! (N)

But for soft ridin it will be okay i guess!

But if you wann ride real trials get a real trials bike too! ;)

With this one it will be hard for you to get into trials buisness! :-

But of course that was pretty cool starting post of you! (Y)(Y)

Good Luck and Welcome!

Martin

Hells bells 4 replies at 25 past 1 in the morning lol Well I suppose anything's possible as I just had chicken korma for supper :D Cheers for the welcomes guys!

Yeah well looking through the rides/locations forum I (to my suprise) found a couple of Leeds and even (SHOCK) a Huddersfield thread! I remember when I used to ride there seemed to be only like 3 of us who used to ride, probably just being small minded though.

Yeah this validation idea is quite a good idea actually, I post on a few internet forums and there's always a few pillocks.

Soon as I get valiated no doubt I'll come across a few West Yorkshire peeps :) If I get a bit more confident with the riding then hopping on a train and going some distance won't be a problem, I travel the trains loads now, flipping things :D

And LOL @ the DMR sidekick comment. My how things have changed lol :D When I was last into trials my mate got one of the first Onzas which came out, as far as I can remember they were the only mod bikes around apart from the old Montys/Megamos. I think for the moment I'll see how I get along with the DMR, I'm quite a heavy rider mind (13 stone!) and my technique is nowhere near as good (read: bad) as it was, I'm kind of like a bouncing urban-elephant. Heh. :)

Toodles.