Frame Length's ?

Danny Kearns

Short mods are better.

Fact.

I would disagree strongly.

I have had ago of a mate's short mod and when i sidehopped, I feel like i had absolutly no room to tuck which made me not able to keep the sidehop and fall off, also what about the tall riders, surely they can not feel comfy on such a short wheelbase.

See my point.

Dan.

biketrials does not revolve around sidehops...

Short frames can be much better for overall things, such as chuckability on natural terrain, or bunnyhopping. Long frames are nice for sidehops, agreed, but if they're a bit too long, average sized people might not get the most out of them.

in any case.. you shouldn't really care about it much at all, most of the measurements are from the factory, and I always find that frames are longer than the factory state they are, when i measure them myself. (Yes I know there's plenty of factors leading to that, but still...)

i'd be far more worried about bar/stem setups making the differences to bike feel.

oh and: on your sidehop querie, I think you just need getting used to a shorter mod a bit more? I know of plenty of tall guys using short mods, just one example off the top of my head: Scott Robbens, rides a Monty 221ti, sidehops ferrking high, and a very good comp rider.

As said on TF many times..:

It's a matter of personal preference and getting used to..

I would disagree strongly.

I have had ago of a mate's short mod and when i sidehopped, I feel like i had absolutly no room to tuck which made me not able to keep the sidehop and fall off, also what about the tall riders, surely they can not feel comfy on such a short wheelbase.

Nope, its not comfy really, thats why the majority of us ride big boys bikes :P