New Mod Frame - Advice Apreciated

ted

Hi guys. As the title says i need advice on which new frame to buy for my mod.

I haven't fitted a bashring to my cranks and the sprocket is a bit too stiff to get of now, so im looking for a frame with a bashplate.

I can spend around £300 pounds on a good frame.

I'm 5ft 6in and i'm used to riding an onza T-pro. Im not sure what the wheelbase is for the T-pro but i think it's quite short which i like. I wouldn't want a very long bike due to my height and short arms :P .

a few of the bikes that have been suggested to me are: the Ko km1, Echo team and the adamant A3. All seem to be good frames and so any advice concerning which to get is much appreciated - the pros and the cons? If there are any other good frames out there that fit my needs then please post them too.

If it makes a difference, the parts i am using are:

echo cnc cranks

echo rear freehub - is slightly too wide for my T-pro

echo team stem

ZOO! bars.

I'm probably going to buy some echo lite forks and an avid bb7 in the near future.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ted

HEY! I want a avid bb7 , were can I order one from ??? ( Im in Uk) Also about the lever what is a good lever???

~Matty :ermm:

I was about to suggest chain reaction cycles, but it seems they have sold out. In that case Im going to get mine from wiggle probably http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...earch&meta=

But this topic was about frames really..

i haven't tryed the others but i have an adamant a3. its lovely sits well on the back wheel its easy to flick about just a great frame in my opinion (Y) its worth the money. however its you choice try and get a go on as many bikes as you can to get a fell for them.

i haven't tryed the others but i have an adamant a3. its lovely sits well on the back wheel its easy to flick about just a great frame in my opinion (Y) its worth the money. however its you choice try and get a go on as many bikes as you can to get a fell for them.

Do you have the short or long version?

Thanks.

i have the short version. it allot nicer feeling im my oppinion than the long version which i've also had a go of.

What hub do you run on the back? because i have an echo freehub ( which i assume is the same width as the fixed version) and it is slightly too wide for my T-pro. I just want to check that my hub will fit into the new frame ( i know it should do, but im just checking :) ).

if your looking for something similar to your t-poo then a echo lite would be a good choice. otherwise go on tarty and find a bike with the geo you like, you have got to remember when it comes to what you think a bike rides like it a personal thing and you shouldn't be persuaded by others because they have one and like it. you echo freehub will all deng frames such as zoo adamant ect. and will fit pritty much every other frame out there as hub axels are a standard size so all frames are made to fit the same axel size.

Edited by andy h

Thanks for the help guys. I've narrowed it down to either a Ko or adamant.

I really like the ko but it doesn't come with a bashplate. Does anyone know whether it is possible to fit one? If so can somebody post some links to a plate which would fit :) .

Also, does anybody in the general Leeds area have either of these bikes, and if so could they add me on msn or email me so we could organise a ride maybe (Y) .

Thanks.