Winter Blues

ramps

Its that time of year again, the shit and cold weather is haunting its way around the streets and it quite drags me down. Any one else get a bit bummed out by the cold/rain/miserableness of it all. I just loose interest in everything when its like this and become very grumpy and arsey. Just thought I would let you all know and see if anyone else has similar feelings.

Yeh I share, to some degree, what you're saying. It's mostly when I feel down about something first and then the weather just tends to make things a bit more difficult.

Saying that though, the winter has its qualities. Just the way it makes things look. How the air feels on your face and in your lungs. And also feeling comfy indoors when its cold and wet outside.

You may suffer from S.A.D which is seasonal depression. Basically the sun stimulates the parts of your brain that relate to happiness in some way thus its absence can make you prone to feeling down. There are ways of combating it with special lights that give out similar "stuff" to the sun. I always wonder could you overdose on the "stuff" and become manic? Probably not.

Edited by rowly

seasonal affective disorder I believe.

I did hear that if you wander about and look at the sky for 20 minutes a day it'll sort you out. evein if it isn't that bright. It's got something to do with the amount of light you suck in and vitamins - like Ali said.

our office manager has a weeny sunbed lamp thing on her desk that she slaims makes her happier in winter - might be worth a go.

personally I just drink to forget it.

seasonal affective disorder I believe.

I did hear that if you wander about and look at the sky for 20 minutes a day it'll sort you out. evein if it isn't that bright. It's got something to do with the amount of light you suck in and vitamins - like Ali said.

our office manager has a weeny sunbed lamp thing on her desk that she slaims makes her happier in winter - might be worth a go.

personally I just drink to forget it.

To quote Homer simpson:

Nothing like a good old depressant to wash the blues away ^_^

Edited by Extreme_biker0