Worlds 2007

Matt_Tupman

UCI at Fortwilliam at the start of september...

'2007 UCI TRIALS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 3rd – 9th SEPTEMBER.'

'In September 2007, Fort William, Scotland will host the UCI Trials World Championships.

British Cycling has asked BikeTrial U.K. to assist them with team selection.

All those that contested National or International events during 2006 will be invited by post to apply for a place on the British Trials Team.'

Edited by jake1516

Do you mean BIU or UCI matt?

All UCI dates will be on their site www.uci.ch

They normally have dates up there as far in advance as they have the comps planned. (sometimes the next 2-3yrs)

Well I wasn't planning on riding any of the UCIs this year as I doubt i'll bet in the team but I might try my luck.

All I know about so far is Slovakia in June. It's strange normally the BIU have the dates out a year in advance even if they're just provisional but I can't find them anywhere at the moment.

Need to smuggle myself in with people for all these trials as I'm soloing it this year, Jontys gutted that he has to wait till he's 9 to ride. Poor lad :(

The BIU tend to confirm their dates in about February each year, as yet no provisional dates have been given. However, if you look at previous years' dates, then you can assume that they will be the last weekend in July, then the first two/three weekends in August. The final round has so far always been August Bank Holiday weekend.

As soon as the dates have been confirmed they will be added to the BikeTrial UK website.

Jontys gutted that he has to wait till he's 9 to ride. Poor lad :(

Not absolutely sure that they actually apply the lower age limit? I'm pretty sure Sam Luscombe rode (in the old days) when he was younger than that! :-

Get Fred to check it out - we need the little riders! :ermm:

20" Categories

Poussin Class White route 6 to 10 years old

straight out the rule book (Y)

Robbie rode the Round up at Addingham last year and he was only 7 so he can ride I am sure.

We hope to get to at least one of the rounds next year finance permitting of course.

It will be Robbie last year as a poussin rider. :( how fast the little uns grow up

Go JONTY you will be a star little man (Y) keep those little feet up. See you next year at all the British rounds.

John P

Where did you hear it was 9?

Downloaded the 2006 rule book, it does say in there that the Poussin class is for ages 9-10 but like a few of you have said that rule might not be to well inforced, hopefully :-

What ever the conclusion I shall be there and proberly Jonty to atleast watch/catch me when I fall off!

cheers Matt