Disk Power

python_man

i have recently (yesterday) put a disk on my python . the brake is a magura louise (not sure what year but has a static pad) with a basic rotor 165.

it seems to not like to really bite it grips enough to go to front wheel but doesnt feel too fantastic.

does it still need to bed in or is there any way of upping the braking power

be glad of anyones advice.

nick

Edited by python_man

sounds like it needs bedding in still to me! try pouring water over the disc, or if that fails, a little bit of mud.

a single pot louise should be imensely powerful on a mod, as i found them to be great even on a stock!

if its got a static pad itll either be the 2000 style, or 2001.

if the lever is like the 04 hs33 but with a resevoir, its year 2000, if its got a lever like the newer style hs33 and louise discs, itll be 2001. after that they went to twin pot.

also- its a 160mm disc. not 165

sounds like it needs bedding in still to me! try pouring water over the disc, or if that fails, a little bit of mud.

a single pot louise should be imensely powerful on a mod, as i found them to be great even on a stock!

if its got a static pad itll either be the 2000 style, or 2001.

if the lever is like the 04 hs33 but with a resevoir, its year 2000, if its got a lever like the newer style hs33 and louise discs, itll be 2001. after that they went to twin pot.

also- its a 160mm disc. not 165

thats the weird thing. the guy i got it off said it was a 160 but it is fine space wise with the 165.

by saying that it is a 2000 cheers prawny baby and others.

well i will give it a few days and see what happens.

it should just need to bed in, find a big hill, ride down it while dragging the brake to get it hot, then cover the brake in cold water to cool it suddenly, repeat and your disk should be bedded in, otherwise try some soft pads or a big rotor

Just pour water over the disc and ride around with the brake on for like 30 seconds, repeat that a few times and I can bet my boots you'll have a very strong brake in no time. If you think about it, the process of bedding in a brake is all about the pads polishing the rotor. If you've ever done some polishing, you will know that the best way to use fine sand paper (1200) is with water.