Waht Cranks Should I Get?

Mod-Bodger

Hi there,

Well it all depends on what your looking for? Have anything in mind? Should try not to be so vague then you'd get better responses...

Without knowing what your running, colour schemes or whether you've had before.... Middleburns are what alot of people use, including myself. [Edit: didn't realise you rode mod so forget that and look on tarty!]

Have a look around though, www.tartybikes.co.uk - they normally have some decent deals or cranks floating around, they are also well helpful!!!

hope this helps,

Dan (Y)

Edited by Ghetto Rider

get some tensiles,

they'll save you money, look good and dont break much(if ever) Also they still look good after a batteringa

You can get replacement threads for them too if you were to cross thread them And best of all they will go with whatever colour scheem you have.

Matt

get some tensiles,

they'll save you money, look good and dont break much(if ever) Also they still look good after a batteringa

You can get replacement threads for them too if you were to cross thread them And best of all they will go with whatever colour scheem you have.

Matt

Well my mate snapped a pair. But it is a third hand JB that used to be Danny Butlers...

And he landed on his bash trying to get up a 3 foot wall.

Cranks are really all down to personal preference. I couldn't really care less about a different colors on my bike, I just stick to black or silver but if you do wish to have a color scheme on your bike then you can always have a look at the Deng range of cranks (Zoo, Echo, Adamant, Gu, Czar).

I am currently running the echo 6061 forged cranks isis 170mm length on my Zona Zip mod, They feel very stiff but are a tad on the heavy side, But never the less a great performance crank.

I really do think £140 on a pair of crank arm's is a hell of a lot considering your options of cheaper cranks for almost the same performance.

Middleburns do have a big adavantage to them, Reason being they have the life time warrenty on them if they were to break, But down to reviews and people i ride with regularly they seem like a great set of crank arm's, They also feel very stiff and have a nice look to them.

At the end of the day though mate, It is your choice, We can only give you advice.

If you are still stuck after reading are opinions, Then give Dave And Adam a ring at Tartybikes. The number is on the home page, They will be more than willing to help and give you the best advice on the best crank arms for you.

Hope you get some sorted soon mate.

Dan.