Star Fangled Nut Problems!

Prawny Baby's Baby

WOOHOO!

Prawn has fixed it! After muchos banging! Some how ramming an alan key into the gap in the stem worked (even though it didn't actually touch the nut!). Now just trying to get it out the top of the steerer as we have a random bar of metal stuck in there from trying to hammer it out!

WOOHOO!

Some how ramming an alan key into the gap in the stem worked

'Alan key', so he is a real guy then :lol:

When will they get rid of the star fangled nuts all together? Such an annoying thing. Just like wheel movement.

I guess nothing comes as standard these days.

No, for f**ks sake, please don't hit it to the bottom of your steer-tube. That's what i did after threading two star fangled nuts; having to drill through my top cap to gain access to my fork steer-tube wasn't a pretty job. And neither was trying to remove the two bastards by hitting them upwards with a screw driver (N) !

If i were you, i would just get the star fangled nut out of your steer-tube (don't try and hit it downwards through the bottom of your forks because it won't work), and buy a headlock - you'll have no trouble with one of those bad boys (Y) !

Cheers,

Joe.

EDIT: Only just realised you've managed to sort it. I really should :rtt: ...

Edited by joe b