Bar Position

bikerider

Where abouts do people generally have their bars positioned?(risers)

I'm using the monty ti bars, which have quite a lot of rise.

I started off with them pretty far forward, felt good for gaps and sidehops, but rubbish for pedal-ups and taps....

pulled them back and they are quite nice, but because of the high rise, they still feel awkward :ermm:

and also, what is the 'done' thing for bar/stem combo's at the moment? (for stock)

short, high stem...long, low stem? flats or risers?

thanks

I have recently pulled my bars back on my zoot, they are alloy straight bars, and it feels so much better for bunnyhops, but feel shite for back wheel moves.

For risers, move them so they are half way between being forward and back, that feels pretty sweet on all the bikes I've ridden.

waaaay forwards hinders your riding, you may think its nice, but its really not doing you any good (aimed at everyone with weird fronty swoopy bars)

having them forwards completley changes your upper body position, its forces your elbows out and your shoulders in, it can damage the elbows due to the odd angle they are at.

bars should have at least some backsweep, its puts your wrists, elbows and shoulders in the best position to take impacts (look at motorbike bars) it also means the bike is easier to pull the front up and bunnyhops and manuals are easier.

pffffft "have your bars backwards" :D

nope, well depends what u ride like imo, most streety people like ali c, shrewsbury n that lot have the bars with loads off backsweep. :ermm:

but if you do uci type "go big" stuff then have them forward so that (the bit that u grip) is facing upwards meaning the backsweep is now upsweep, just make sure they dont point forwards though :o

if you dont kno what i mean check tunnis site on bike pics thats how to do it :)(Y)

pffffft "have your bars backwards" :D

nope, well depends what u ride like imo, most streety people like ali c, shrewsbury n that lot have the bars with loads off backsweep. :ermm:

but if you do uci type "go big" stuff then have them forward so that (the bit that u grip) is facing upwards meaning the backsweep is now upsweep, just make sure they dont point forwards though :o

if you dont kno what i mean check tunnis site on bike pics thats how to do it :)(Y)

IPB Image

Like that?

I like them as the above, but i find it hard to bring the front up, meh.

I just mnoved mine in the in bewteen, will see what they feel like tonight..

IPB Image

Like that?

I like them as the above, but i find it hard to bring the front up, meh.

I just mnoved mine in the in bewteen, will see what they feel like tonight..

if youre struggling to pick up the front end wi the bars like that, its not the bars, it means the bikes to long for you :o youre weight is too stretched out over the front end. either that or the front end of bike is to low.......oooorrrrrr u may just be weaker then an etheopian :

get sum muscles :P

if youre struggling to pick up the front end wi the bars like that, its not the bars, it means the bikes to long for you :o youre weight is too stretched out over the front end. either that or the front end of bike is to low.......oooorrrrrr u may just be weaker then an etheopian :

get sum muscles :P

haha

Probs becuase the bike is to big.

me being 5 foot 5 on a 1065 levelboss which atually measures at 1080...

I have a pazzaz stem, maybe ill put a spacer under, might help...

Since getting my monty I ran my Ti bar's way forward, as in the backsweep was upsweep, wasn't quite as extreme as neil's though. I've slowly been bringing them back until it become too much, then ill play about again for a bit in the position's between to far forward and too far back to see what I like, I think it's the only way.

yeah im sure mine did quite a bit :P

EDIT:

IPB Image

Edited by PaRtZ