Zoo Pitbull 2007! 9,9kg

ondschool

• 2 weeks later...
zoo looks quite nice. However you cannot come close to understanding my hatred of anything related to 24bicycles. Wots the point of getting a light seatpost like the macniel when your bike weighs more than the earth itself.

i like the idea of macneil :) but my frame, frontwheel, fork are going to a new owner :) building a new bike.. stil rigid, pegs, freecoaster, v-brake and so on :) the weight on my 24 are 13.6kg with the setup on the pic..

zoo looks quite nice. However you cannot come close to understanding my hatred of anything related to 24bicycles. Wots the point of getting a light seatpost like the macniel when your bike weighs more than the earth itself.

thats a fairly ignoramus post. congratulations.

anyway if you carefully choose each part, i.e the macneil post, the whole bike will become lighter, every little helps.

i once had a 24inch gt something or other. admittedly it was a race bike but was lighter than most trials bikes i had.. even with front sus.

• 1 month later...
Just wondering, what tubes tyres and front wheel are you using? I'm a weight pervert as well but can't get under 10,2kgs without having at least 5 snakebites each ride. And what pedals are those?

I`m trying out a Ritchey Z-min wcs front tire, Hutchinson Python NG Air lite, Continental 125g tube in front and 200g in rear, Got a regular Dt onyx/echo front wheel. i`m maybe getting a crossmax sl wheel insted. trial and error... triaaal and error! i didnt use any "fatter" tires in the 90isch and i dont ride that hard now days, will mostley ride on my bmx.

The Pedales are Atomlab trailkings, i have Gusset slim jims mag on the way, they are a bit lighter also

Edited by ondschool

dont get a crossmax, build a light wheel on a xc717 rim and use comp and rev spokes with alu nippels instead, i had a wheel with that spec and AC 130 hub and the weight was 700gr (Y) i think crossmax is heavyer. and much more expensive

Edited by Oskar

dont get a crossmax, build a light wheel on a xc717 rim and use comp and rev spokes with alu nippels instead, i had a wheel with that spec and AC 130 hub and the weight was 700gr (Y) i think crossmax is heavyer. and much more expensive

i dont need to pay for the wheel, got a fork i need to send back and the store doesnt have anything else i whant, the slr wheel are 685g and the sl also 685g, i have looked on custom build but havent found anything intresting

Edited by ondschool

And do you not have problems with snakebites? How heavy is your rear wheel in total?

I've got a 400g tube and it seems to do it's job well, but only just. A bit thinner and I'd be doing a lot of pumping out in the streets and no wanking at home.

look at the pic again.. the white stuff on the ground ;) not yet season for trial here.. i have just tried a little bit in my garage :) need to ride more to know if it will survive :) also got a schwalbe big betty tire at home.. under 900g and more stabile than my python, the tires doesnt have super stabile sidewalls so i running a bit more pressure in the tubes.

Edited by ondschool