Lights On Your Bike

(chief)

ages ago the police stop at about 8 so it was dark he said do u know its illegal to ride your bike in the dark with out any lights and i said yes but my bikes broken and cant ride it ( i jump off my bike when i see a car), he said whats wrong with and i said well the bb broke and the cranks and doing something and i kept on saying bike stuff that i didn't even no so he just went to his car and said try and get some lights.

and thats the truth (Y)

S274.jpg

Get the front and rear one of them, and you're laughing. I've used mine all winter so far, and they've been excellent. They're super small (I can fit it on my seat-stay of my BMX, between the dropouts and the brakemount, so it's between the stay and the spokes of the wheel so I don't kick it), you just clip them on if you want them on, then when you get to where you're riding, take them off so you don't f**k 'em up. They're great. They're safe, stop the police from stopping you for not having lights, and I suppose they make you safer seeings as the twats in their cars are less likely to plough into you. Plus, if they do, you can destroy them in court 'cos you had lights on ;)

I got some of these from a local bike shop for a fiver each.

From what I know, these lights don't meet legal requirements, but it keeps the PCSO's happy and therefore me happy.

Also a PCSO told me that if you have a light it has to be a constant beam, apparently its illegal for the light to be flashing. :blink:

Also a PCSO told me that if you have a light it has to be a constant beam, apparently its illegal for the light to be flashing. :blink:

That is true. No vehicle besides emergency services can have a flashing light any colour other than yellow.

Makes sense, avoids confusion in the long run blah blah blah

The stupid stuff comes when you hear that is illegal to have a flashing light on your bikes seat-post (or anywhere else), but attach it to the bottom of your shirt (or anywhere on your person) a few inches above and its perfectly legal! Silly billys :rolleyes:

I've been stopped several times by the nazi bastards, lol. So far I've had 2 £40 fines and an 'anti social behaviour warning' letter to my house...All by the one cop. Most are fine with me, although this one cop has it in for me, he tried to give me a fine and ban me from the town for 24 hours for shouting at pensioners with a megaphone about 3 months ago...wheres the fun gone?

yeah new years eve , me and a group of my mates on the way to a party we were abit early so we stpped for abit of pissed trials , one policeman aks uss to stop brcose we not have lights, my mates all just ignored it and cycled off , we had all fogot that 5 minites before josh broke his chain, he was screwed he chuked his bike in the bush and legged it.

but the police got hold of it, and next day he had to go to the police station to get his bike back, he also had to pay a £80 fine or they wouldent give it to him

BASTAARDS

there goes his new carbon bars he was gona buy that weekend,

thats blackmail, im sure the police arnt allowed to do that!!

Leo

yeah new years eve , me and a group of my mates on the way to a party we were abit early so we stpped for abit of pissed trials , one policeman aks uss to stop brcose we not have lights, my mates all just ignored it and cycled off , we had all fogot that 5 minites before josh broke his chain, he was screwed he chuked his bike in the bush and legged it.

but the police got hold of it, and next day he had to go to the police station to get his bike back, he also had to pay a £80 fine or they wouldent give it to him

BASTAARDS

Leo

unlucky for him we have been warned like 4 times now but got a light now they can't do any thing. yeh it seems to be black mail but it the police they get out or every thing and will try any thing to get some thing.

chris

BASTAARDS

Leo

If the fine was for not having lights on the bike go back to the police and argue it, He had a broken chain, they can't have seen him riding the bike with no lights on, he must have been pushing/sat beside it, so they fined him or something he wasn't even doing, and they have no proof of, go and get the money back!

If the fine was for running from the police. Not alot you can do.

If the fine was for not having lights on the bike go back to the police and argue it, He had a broken chain, they can't have seen him riding the bike with no lights on, he must have been pushing/sat beside it, so they fined him or something he wasn't even doing, and they have no proof of, go and get the money back!

If the fine was for running from the police. Not alot you can do.

actualy they can they sed to us that it was just illegal to have your bike on the street with out any lights (N)

but they don't say any thing to chav on the appolos.

chris

Well me and my mate made a similar topic the other day, and then 2 nights ago got told of by the old bill for not having lights on, they said we would have to go to the copshop with lights fitted within 7 days or we'd get a £30 fine or court appearence. We went down yesterday with lights atteched to are bags which the officer the night before said was alright, but the cops at the station said it wasnt, so we bodged them on our mods with tape and that still wasn't good enough for them, so in the end we fitted the lights with brackets (rear on seatstays) and they finally signed of our bits of paper. they took our names, addresses and tel numbers. The coppers at the station were really arrogant and ignorant calling our bikes BMX's and saying we shouldn't be riding them anyway because they had no seats. Were now going to use those small L.E.D lights that wrap around. I think the fine amount varies to what region your in by the way. :angry:

Ben G WST

That's a load of bollocks that it's illegal to have your bike out with no lights on it, maybe normally, but your mates bike wasn't in a working condition, According to that I could be finned for carrying a frame around at night!

They can't fine you for having no lights on your bike, I know that's not the law around here, they can fine you for riding your bike with no lights on it, or riding your bike on the pavement. Not having your bike on the pavement, or having a bike with no lights on.

That's like if they fined you for not having working lights on your car when its parked in the driveway not being used. I mean, say I wanted to go up to a mates house to borrow some lights so I can obey the law, I now couldn't push my bike to his house to fit them, because it would be illegal.

ok, so i found out today that in oxford (if you know it atall) over christmas time there has been a FAKE police oficer by the ifley road fining people for all the money they have on them for not having lights,

b*****d

some people have no hearts

some punk dressed as a policeman, bet he made a killing though

Leo

ok, so i found out today that in oxford (if you know it atall) over christmas time there has been a FAKE police oficer by the ifley road fining people for all the money they have on them for not having lights,

b*****d

some people have no hearts

some punk dressed as a policeman, bet he made a killing though

Leo

asif what an ars*good idea though :- they should find out who it is and make him return all the money.

I think the fine amount varies to what region your in

yeh i think it is i dont no why its so much here then a right rip off.

chris

was stopped 4 time in december, probly cus it was crimbo but hey !!, they warned me the 3 times for a 30 quid fine then the last one they nearly took my and my mates to court which is just silly for riding sainsburys car park when its closed but we sumhow got away with that also. !!!!

Only got a front light as i ccant fit a rear one anywhere

was stopped 4 time in december, probly cus it was crimbo but hey !!, they warned me the 3 times for a 30 quid fine then the last one they nearly took my and my mates to court which is just silly for riding sainsburys car park when its closed but we sumhow got away with that also. !!!!

unlucky nearly going to court for not having a little poxy light its stupid they could be doing some real police work instead of picking on us.

haha yeh i only have a front light to ill just kill one on the rear :P

chris

It's a good thing you don't live my way because the police wouldn't accept that you can't fit a light on the back and they'd just give you hassle, because there that petty. Although come to think of it more trials riders round my way would be oh so good.

Ben g WST