Side Hopping?

larrybailey~

hi guys! at the moment im trying to learn how to side hop properly! as when i side hop now i go miles backwards as if im bunnyhopping the wall or ledge! could you give me some tips?? thanks!

larry

hey wel it seems to me that you are comiting to front wheel to much try to jump up in a diagonal direction forwards but still going up and also try and jump up more instead of relying on the front wheel to get you up there.

chris

i used to have the same thing, put a stronger pedal kick when you jump up, prevent you from going backwards and gets you higher aswell

now i have a question aswell, i'm having problems with sidehopping from a hpping on rear position, i find it hard to get ''the feeling'' to drop into the preload

i also end up hopping too close towards the wall, almost with my pedal against the wall

anyone has any tips on this?

• 1 year later...

remember to kick when just befor you lift off . dont just bunyhop on to watever your sidehoping on to . get down real close to the bike when you get up on to the wall aswell . (this is called tucking)

if you want to no more go onto trials forum wiki . on trials chat and theres sidehop help in there

leon