Single-link Chain!

gianttrials

Hi there everyone, just started riding my new mod recently and i have to say it's nice to have a thicker stronger chain than what i have on my stock. Well I was just wondering if anyone has used a single link type chain instead of a normal singlespeed or BMX chain. My mate has one on his BMX, but i just wondered what peoples opinions are for using one for trials riding. It looks cool but not sure whether to buy one or not (is it worth it/are they good value?), anyones opinions are much appreciated,

Cheers everyone.

Ben g WST

Anyone?

i have had no personal experience of them myself but, my mate had one and it snapped, but all chains snap :turned: also you would be able to get a better chain tension beacause you would only have to take one link out not a pair. i was going to get one but was persuaded away from it.

moza

i have had no personal experience of them myself but, my mate had one and it snapped, but all chains snap :turned: also you would be able to get a better chain tension beacause you would only have to take one link out not a pair. i was going to get one but was persuaded away from it.

moza

Why were you persuaded away? Because it snapped? Or the cost perhaps?

Cheers mate Ben g WST

well beacuse it snapped on something so small, and i thought there is nothing wrong woth a kmc kool. i am not sure how old his chain was, maybe it was old. no idea. what chain you running at the moment, you having any problems?

moza

Hello, id recomend a Kmc kool chain they are a reasonably cheep chain (you can get them for 8 pounds or something) ive had problems with fatter chains rubbing off seat stays and seat tubes, its worth keeping in mind. if you dont have that problem id also recomend a gusset bog chain there super fat and super strong. hope ive helped (Y):turned:

Fools. KHE collapse is where its at.

that or the kmc510 (is that the right number? obm or eskimo will know for sure) are theoretically the strongest apart from the motorbike sized ones

my shadow half-link chain has outlasted a kmc on my bmx but i do grind on my sprocket so its a different kind of wear.