Would This Work.

Short answer no, long answer yes.

The only problem you'll have is the brakes not lining up. However, sometimes you can angle the pads towards the rim and if your lucky you might just get away with it. But i personally wouldn't bother, becuase you might have to angle the brake pads so much that the braking performance will be crap

(Y)

don't bother mate, i had the same problem with my t-bird, was an absolute nightmare to set the rear brakes up, then i tightened all the spokes and it moved the rim away from the pads again so now i can't get it set up and have no rear brakes!! Ah well it was about time i got a new frame anyway.

Plus when i did have them set up as best i could the brakes were still pretty crap to be honest.

its a beeach to do but its possible, my mate had the same problem on his t-vee. th brakes gripped the very top o the rim and worked fine

not sure if it'll be any good on yours but its worth a go. you may as well try, you can always take it off again lol

matt

p.s onza kev, i wanna be a tf mini owners club member >_<

Just found these on ebay mate, they offset the brake mounts allowing a 19inch rim on a frame designed for a 20inch rim.

Hope this helpsbrake mount offsets

they are for wider/slimmer rims, not a different rim diameter

if you hack into your frame a bit, and lengthen the horizontal dropout, the wheel would be able to go forward enough to allow a 19 to be used, i did it to a tee vee

and don't worry about messing up the frame, cos its a pretty easy task to do and cos ta20s aren't worth anything secondhand anyway, so you may as well get some more fun out of it rather than buy a new frame straight away

Just found these on ebay mate, they offset the brake mounts allowing a 19inch rim on a frame designed for a 20inch rim.

Hope this helpsbrake mount offsets

that wont work, they offset the brake out/in, not up or down. as someone said up there you want the adaptors people used to use on montys to run a 26" wheel in a 25" spacing, so if you turn them upside down you can run a 19" rim in 20" spacing,

give iolobikes an email, he will beable to make some adaptors for you (hes made some before) and they will be a fraction of the price of monty ones (Y)

Edited by wad

Ino this probly wont work i havent thorght it threw but if its standard magura mounts not 4 bolt mounts could you take off the mounts and tern them upside down may sound silly but it might work. :lol:

Cheers.

its more than likely v mounts, none of the base mods came with maggies, did they?

your idea: that would make the pads come down over an inch, rather than the half inch he requires, although the wheel could be run really far back....but then the backend would be silly long :(