Pentium D 900 Series

David

Hey, Im looking for some reviews on the pentum D 900 series.. They look good on paper and seem very good for the money but how do they perform? Especially against the likes of AM2 Athlon x2's. I would prefer information from people who have experience with either/or.

Thanks,

Dave

Athlon X2 outperform them on a £ for £ comparison every time, by a fair margin too. The Pentium D's run extremely hot too compared to the athlon X2's which are nice and cool.

However, the Intel Core 2 Duo beats them both hands down. Even if you can only afford the cheapest one, go for one of them and you wont be disappointed, fast (you can't do a ghz comparison between any of them due to their differing architectures) and very efficient so run uber cool, so its easy to make a damn quiet system.

Athlon X2 outperform them on a £ for £ comparison every time, by a fair margin too. The Pentium D's run extremely hot too compared to the athlon X2's which are nice and cool.

However, the Intel Core 2 Duo beats them both hands down. Even if you can only afford the cheapest one, go for one of them and you wont be disappointed, fast (you can't do a ghz comparison between any of them due to their differing architectures) and very efficient so run uber cool, so its easy to make a damn quiet system.

Thanks, I thought someone would say something like that. The prices are dropping every day so I think I may look into a core 2 duo. Motherboards still seem a bit pricey for something with full support for all the new technologies.

Dave