Bashrings For Normal Cranks

F-Stop Junkie

Anyone used the Truvativ one?

Yep, seems ok, though it gets scratched and gouged alot easier than my mates (an old echo I think) and its only 6mm wide. That said I got it new for £16 on ebay so I cant really complain.

but apart from how well it takes abuse and how light it is, what is there really to pick between bashrings?

but apart from how well it takes abuse and how light it is, what is there really to pick between bashrings?

Diameter - some cover 28t, other just 22t. Durability, do they resist bending or wear quickly? Looks.

The Filthy 'Ard Guard was the perfect bashring, but never available in four bolt I believe. I'm trying to run Saint cranks, so I can't use a super tiny splined number, but then realistically I don't need the absolute maximum chainring clearance, and the increase in chain ring size with help reduce wear and decrease the chance of breaking a chain.

Diameter - some cover 28t, other just 22t. Durability, do they resist bending or wear quickly? Looks.

The Filthy 'Ard Guard was the perfect bashring, but never available in four bolt I believe. I'm trying to run Saint cranks, so I can't use a super tiny splined number, but then realistically I don't need the absolute maximum chainring clearance, and the increase in chain ring size with help reduce wear and decrease the chance of breaking a chain.

fair enough

well i used to have the truvativ 32 tooth rock guard and a double chain ring set up, 5mm wide didnt bend and wore fairly well.

now I have the truvativ 22 tooth, doesnt seem to bend either, but doesnt seem to wear aswell.

have only run these for 4 months or so a piece, but for that time been cheap and fairly relaible.