New Z2 Frame Pics

kieldp

Aesthetically the disc mount does look gash, I reckon it'll be strong enough but my main concern would be wether his quality control is on top of things, the weld of the extra gusset between the top disc mounting hole and the seatstay comes terribly close to the mounting holes, I suppose the holes are drilled (and reamed?....... nah) afterwards but the weld could effect the ability to have a bolt right up against the mount?

I'd have thought it would be better to make one solid unit, rather than welding that extra 'gusset' just have it cast with the rest of the dropout.

Yeah, or actually making an adapter which would take a larger rotor. Not only does it reduce the stress on the frame, it would also allow for running a bigger rotor without the need to use +20/+40 adapters - these strain frames very badly due to the leverage working in the wrong direction. Meh, why companies use +0mm ones I just don't understand. Nobody's going to run a 160mm disc on the rear, and if they are, it's only going to be a Mono Trials which is incredibly expensive.

I love it! Reminds me a bit of the Kot MS2. Though, the disc mount looks like the ones on XC bikes. If he'd put a strong +40mm disc mount on there (Megamo/Simtra style) I could see it being a really popular frame. (I'd buy one :rolleyes: haha)

And Inur, how come are Hopes so expensive in Poland yet so cheap over here? (And I'm from Estonia, not the UK) Compared to Magura discs that is. Over here a Magura Louise costs about £20 more than a Hope Trials. And a Marta is even more expensive. That's the only reason I went for a Hope instead of a Marta on the rear.

Yeah, or actually making an adapter which would take a larger rotor. Not only does it reduce the stress on the frame, it would also allow for running a bigger rotor without the need to use +20/+40 adapters - these strain frames very badly due to the leverage working in the wrong direction. Meh, why companies use +0mm ones I just don't understand. Nobody's going to run a 160mm disc on the rear, and if they are, it's only going to be a Mono Trials which is incredibly expensive.

Yeh, I'd never run a disc on the rear with an adapter, it's like adding a shimano link to a KMC chain.

Are 160 discs considered to be powerful enough for stocks? I wouldn't want a frame that I was forced to use a big disc if it wasn't 100% nescessary.

I don't know why we bother debating this crap, we should make a T-F Trials bike, putting all our good idea's into one. it would be perfect in every way!

And Inur, how come are Hopes so expensive in Poland yet so cheap over here? (And I'm from Estonia, not the UK) Compared to Magura discs that is. Over here a Magura Louise costs about £20 more than a Hope Trials. And a Marta is even more expensive. That's the only reason I went for a Hope instead of a Marta on the rear.

How much is a Hope Trials your end? Quite interested because I'll need one fairly soon.

Our distributor doesn't deal in the Trials brakes, probably because there's no demand for them. On the other hand, you can grab a new Louise for about 60 pounds with a bit of luck. And yeah, by expensive I meant you can get quite a lot for the price of a Hope Trials, for instance the frame pictured above.

My god, this has gone totally OT :lol:

How much is a Hope Trials your end? Quite interested because I'll need one fairly soon.

Our distributor doesn't deal in the Trials brakes, probably because there's no demand for them. On the other hand, you can grab a new Louise for about 60 pounds with a bit of luck. And yeah, by expensive I meant you can get quite a lot for the price of a Hope Trials, for instance the frame pictured above.

Well, they dont actually have them in stock here as well, but you can let a shop that deals with Hope order one for you. The prices are roughly the same as the ones in Tartybikes or CRC, but Magura discs are way more expensive over here. Back in the day I bought my Louise FR for £152, and I thought that it was a good deal as my LBS gave me a 25% discount on it. :unsure:

Edited by loffa