Ebay

Tailz222

i think ebay is a good idea for a broke trials rider , you need to ask the seller qustions first if you are not sure about it . :)

It can be good but at the same time bad. There is as many scammers on there as trustworthy sellers. Yes you do have to pay a fee on there according to how much you sold your item for and aswell as that if you use paypal they will also deduct a small fee ;)

Thanks guys :D

Ebay can be good for buying but make sure you get the full details of what you are buying or when it arrives you may be disapointed.

as for selling just be as honest as possible in your description, take the best pictures you can of the item at differant angles, and watch the money come in. :D

Me and a mate basicaly make a living on ebay we both have no jobs, we just go to auction's and sales and buy anything thats going cheaper than it's usaul retail price then do an add, take afew pics and get it on ebay. I usauly start my items low to get people interested as people will soon start bidding anyway or if you want a certain price then stick a reserve on it. (Y)

a standard listing is about 35p with 1 gallery pic, (thats your listing fee)

and also ebay charge you when the item sells (selling fee) it's not alot about 50p depending on the total price your item made.

I hope i have been of some help.

Edited by powerz

Ebay can be good for buying but make sure you get the full details of what you are buying or when it arrives you may be disapointed.

as for selling just be as honest as possible in your description, take the best pictures you can of the item at differant angles, and watch the money come in. :D

Me and a mate basicaly make a living on ebay we both have no jobs, we just go to auction's and sales and buy anything thats going cheaper than it's usaul retail price then do an add, take afew pics and get it on ebay. I usauly start my items low to get people interested as people will soon start bidding anyway or if you want a certain price then stick a reserve on it. (Y)

a standard listing is about 35p with 1 gallery pic, (thats your listing fee)

and also ebay charge you when the item sells (selling fee) it's not alot about 50p depending on the total price your item made.

I hope i have been of some help.

Oh wow, well if you know the market well what do u think i would get for my bike?

newbikejy7.jpg

its a 07 Echo Control, Its got a Hope M2 rear cassette hub with carbon bars, cable front disc and magura rear, i dont know the mech hangers name but i know its work £50 i'll find its name, what do you think mate?

So would i be a fool to purchase a mod bike from eBay?

I've yet to buy my first trials bike, i've been reading quite a few topics here on Trials-Forum and some of the bikes i have seen are damn expensive! So this is why i've turned to eBay to try find a cheap first time mod trials bike!

Only reason i'm trying to find a cheap bike is to see if i actually enjoy it, if all turns out well, i could sell the cheap bike and begin to build my own from scratch if that makes any sense what so ever? Haha!

Forgive my stupidness i'm new here! >_<

Dak`

Seems fair then reading from other peoples comments, what sort of bike would you recommend for me to start so i can keep my eye out on eBay, see if i can find some bargains?

Thanks!

Dak`

No mate don't use Ebay, use the for sale / wanted on this forum! - Peace of mind knowing your buying someones pride and joy rather than someones stolen pride and joy!!! (Y)

No mate don't use Ebay, use the for sale / wanted on this forum! - Peace of mind knowing your buying someones pride and joy rather than someones stolen pride and joy!!! (Y)

Oh ok my bad! Thanks for the advice, will keep my eye open then in that section, any bike inperticular i should look out for, been a first time trials rider? I really don't want to go full out and spend alot of money on a bike if i'm not going to enjoy it as much, hope that makes sense?

Dak`

Edited by Dak`

Oh ok my bad! Thanks for the advice, will keep my eye open then in that section, any bike inperticular i should look out for, been a first time trials rider? I really don't want to go full out and spend alot of money on a bike if i'm not going to enjoy it as much, hope that makes sense?

Dak`

Well dude im thinkin of sellin my stock 07 Echo Control, gimme a shout if u want some pics n info (Y)

(or it'll go on ebay thats why i made this post to see what people thought of Ebay)

Edited by Tailz222

Well dude im thinkin of sellin my stock 07 Echo Control, gimme a shout if u want some pics n info (Y)

(or it'll go on ebay thats why i made this post to see what people thought of Ebay)

Cheers mate, think it might be a while before i get my first trials bike, just realised i've got MOT & Tax to sort out on me car, thats going to cost me a few hundered lol as me car is..Fooked really lol!

Dak`