Disk Adapter

mrBENN

20"? if so what frame is it? iv got JUST the man who can make you one ;) let me know what bike and frame, so i can picture the drop out. if you want to see a picture see, the other topic about "rear disc adaptor bodges and what not" that Davetrials started, look for Boothys post. his is by far the best made and nicest machined, that good his dad will be making me one for my Karbon shortly. (i hope ;) )

Waynio..........................

thats the daddy ^^ ^^ ^^

the OLD "torsion" style disk arms were £30.00 and not very good. i proper made machined piece of alloy like that above would be worth £25/30 all day long to convert all these bikes that dont have rear disc that WANT rear disc, what people have to remember is the cost of the setting up and stuff.

Boothy has your dad had a quote on how much one of them disc mounts would be????

They dont put pressure on your frame either, it all seems to go on the wheel.

Waynio.......................

This one

Forgive me if im missing something obvious on that adapter but surely that wouldnt work properly

Im guessing that sits on the axle between the hub and the frame/on the oustide of the frame, but with all the preasure when braking that will just spin with the wheel wont it, there is nothing for it to fit onto a fixed point, such as the frame.

Someone please put me out of my misery

Frooty

So is it fitted on the frame through the axle AND another bolt?

If so that goes against what Wayne said as it will be putting preassure on the frame, and to be honest it wont be as realiable as all the braking power will be focused on that one bolt, hence increasing the risk of something going wrong/snappage

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

Fair enough, i wont disagree with what i haven't seen working.

Pics would be interesting but i think i can now imagine the fittings of it.

There was one i used to have where it fit like that one you posted a pic of but also had a tension bar or something that fits between the standard brake mount and the disc adapter itself, not sure how they perform with trials bikes as i only used it on xc

Frooty

Im a little bit hazey

Just how much of the axle sits inside the frame, i will assume none as the aluminium looks about 8mm wide.

This seems like its spaced the wheel over to the right and left no axle to sit into the frame, ok with a king or a pro 2 i guess, cant forsee there being either on this bike.