Tyketrial Round 2

robster

Just a quick one lads and lasses.

Please don't forget to post your entries off this week as soon as possible.

We will be going up on Sat am to mark the sections out. (If any one wants to help out just pm me)

The venue is Oakworth quarry near Keighley, for those who didn't ride there last year it is a fairly small venue but very very challenging.

We are going to try and run beginner route seperate from other routes so as to get the many little ones round a little faster bless em they all nearly froze at the last one.

Thanks folks see you all there.

John, Tyketrial

I spoke to the lovely Babara today and she has got over 60 pre entries.

keep em coming folks. If it is muddy up there I have a cunning plan to run a moto trial graded hill climb but we will have to see what the weather brings.

WET WET WET WET. Well done whoever finished, Well Done Savage you are a machine. What did you drop 5 or 6 I'm guessing.

Thanks to all who helped you know who you are. we will have a list of names and stuff on tykes website as soon as the trials queen hereself has sortwd them out. Thanks Babara, speak soon.

JP (still pissed wet through).

WET WET WET WET. Well done whoever finished, Well Done Savage you are a machine. What did you drop 5 or 6 I'm guessing.

Thanks to all who helped you know who you are. we will have a list of names and stuff on tykes website as soon as the trials queen hereself has sortwd them out. Thanks Babara, speak soon.

JP (still pissed wet through).

Was a good laugh. Didn't really take it serious at all, like on your section John going for the hardest route I could then just giving up after I did it.

Matt Rushton

To start off it was a very good trial indeed, i seemed to be doing quite well but then the heavens opened and it just turned to hell! Although it was quite fun for a while i ended up just asking for 5's on every section as my back brake died and probably would have killed me if i carried on. Think i disc mount is going to be welded on the zhi very soon B) .

Well done to people who stuck it out and give it there best and a big thankyou to everyone who made the day happen.

Brett....

Man, I love comps like that. Wet and mud is fun! Congrats to everyone else who finished - good job.

A huge thanks to all the observers, was cold enough riding! (Y) Also cheers to Barbara and everyone who helped out.

Looking forward to the next one I'll be attending.

What a day! It started off dry and looked like we might be in luck but when the wind started to blow I knew we were in for some of the wet stuff......but not that much! :blink: However, the weather may have been shite but the atmosphere was superb. I saw one dad getting his son to jump up and down and wave his arms about to get warm before the start of a section. They were laughing and having fun even though they were soaked to the skin. :lol:

I think everyone who continued to ride even in the muddiest, windiest, slippiest and wettest conditions the quarry could muster should get a medal. My lad (6 1/2 years old) fell off on the last but one section, right into a puddle of mud! He couldn't cry because his face was so cold and wet but he did finish. 5 minutes in the car with the heater on and some chocolate inside him and he was all smiles again. That's what it is all about and that's why we do it.

Thankyou to all the observers who stuck at it as well, they were surely the stars of the day. Thanks also to the setting out crew who put their lives at risk from giant size hail stones on the Saturday setting out. (Y) I understand Barbara was doing tea leaf readings in the caravan during the day and hopes to be able to expand into the art of communicating with those who cannot be enticed into observing for the next round :blink:

Spot on Tyke Trials, here's to round 3 (Y)

P.S We went swimming afterwards just to dry out and warm up!!!

Well done Babara Results up already. As you can see from the results loads of people retired, no shame there. Well done to all who finished.

Here is the link to the results.

P.S. A big thanks to Andy Roberts (josh's dad) for the loan of the caravan, the gazibo would have been washed or blown away.

http://www.biketrialuk.co.uk/Results/TT-07...th%20Quarry.xls

JP

and some how i manage to do better than addingham

john next event is in the bahamas?? ill be there. roll on the summer months hey lads, massive well done to eevryone who finished, was silly slippy, cold and nasty, other than that it was like being a big kid again i ended up covered in mud head to toe and nursing bumps and cuts afterwards.

hands up who wished they had dual disc? :lol:

Great event, poor weather, it still didnt put most people off.

i think the biggest thank you goes to the Observers, as i was riding round having a laugh with myself about "how wet i was" and that i physically couldnt get any wetter, i stood on section 1 having a natter with the observer and really did start to think in my mind:

What would happen if the observers retired at the rate the riders were retiring??? or the people who were organising the trials were getting fed up and didnt fancy doing it any more, that was the inspiration that drove me to finish, for my mates who didnt finish or start, Bucky, Lovatt, Morton the weather had "effected" them, good job it didnt effect the observers!!!!

Big thanks to all the observers on the day, i hope the people that did it sunday are not put off purely because of the weather. There are too many thanks to give out to others, this post is a plug for the people who really DID make/keep sunday happening despite the poor weathr :P

there was more people finish in the younger classes than finished in the older classes!!!! really big respect to those who finished sunday (even if you were drenched and wet through VERY VERY VERY well done)

Cheers john P, pulling me out of the hole my van had dug itself into (Y) and the rental of the rope from one of the riders lads dad. wish the van was 4x4 would be so much better and more fun.

Waynio...........................