Ciguena 24" Trials

montyrider

well basically i have ridden 20" t-pro till i snapped it and a python till i shagged it and sold the battered bits to some people, now i have a 26" adamant mod stock and i was thinking.

i find 20" too small but i feel like 26" are too big, or not quite my style, so my dilemma as my 26" is brand new im not giving it up straight away but maybe save up or slowely build the ciguena

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10038

But has anyone got one?

how do they ride ?

is it like riding an overweight mod ??????

there are some good parts i could make a 24" with these days and by the time i get the money probably more so what do you reckon.

Edited by montyrider

Don't think that 24" is just a halfway house between 20" and 26" It really isnt.

They ride ALOT streetyer feeling than most 26" frames. You can still do alot of trialsy stuff on them un-hindered, but they dont feel like either one really. Kinda a cross between a 26" and a BMX, they don't feel like a mod atall, partly because normaly you use a shorter stem than on a 26" if anything.

Go for it though. They are a really nice change, and the differences are all good. Imagine a stock that is incredibly responcive and can be thrown around alot more easily.

I'm saying this about 24" trials bikes in genral by the way, I've never ridden the Ciguena, but the geo is VERY similar to the 24UK, so it can't be far wrong (Y) .

There was a guy with one in NMC not long ago, try searching in there and PMing him.

yup, i talk sense

24 is nothing like mod, and kinda like a streety 26 (jumping from my base ta26 to my zoot was a breeze)

24 is great for everything i find, i'm comfortable with it, its flicky, light, and my riding has improved so much since getting one, for once i don't feel the need to change bike all the time, cos this thing just feels right :)

getting a 24 will make you want to do streety stuff, cos it feels so good :P george seamons borrowed my bike and his riding style has changed big style, and for the better, he has a leeson now and is double the rider he used to be

[...]

Well, to be slightly more specific, it's not 24" wheels that make the bike feel streety, it's the geometry of the frame (wow, i'm clever).

It just happens to be that riders expect a 24" bike to have a streety feel and so manufacturers make the frames short, with a low rise and longish rear end.

I'm pretty sure that you can make a 24" bike feel just like a proper trials bike by giving it a wheelbase around 1065 and a ~35mm rise.

But as the 24" frame market seems to consist mostly of riders who are into street-trials, it'll take a bit of time before we see a trials-specific 24" frame.