Hope Pro2

Mr Dave

Have a look on the tartybike website joe, they differnt, you cant just "stretch" them

Btw it didnt just hit out, the bearing cup on the non drive side was on too tight, i had to clamp one side, then turn the drive side, which loosened the non drive side :D then it came out with a lil tap..

Excellent service from TB's again though :) theyve added 2 spare "springs" to my order (Y)

Edited by Mr Dave

ok so it hasnt gone backtogether right, its ok off the bike, but when you put it on the bike and do the bolts up, it makes the freehub go stiff, so whys it doing this ?!??

so like if you pedal then coast, it keeps trying ot turn the chain round.

Dave

I'm not really sure, but if you've put new springs and lube in then there will be more friction between the pawls and the ratchet. Unless it's really stiff then you haven't put it back together properly, or something's wrong with it.

Na sure i havent, i didnt have any bits left over!

its weird though, because i had to tap it back in to get the non drive side bearing to go backtogether, and i could keep hitting it and it would make the free hub get stiffer, so i had to tap it back the other way, but i thought on the non drive side end of the axel, theres that little lip, which should stop it going in too far and going stiff :S:S:S

anoying :(

Dave

Rite,

make sure you take the cassete off as 1st you need to get a pair of grips and pull the driveside end cap off the axle, should come off fairly easy with a good grip,

Once that end cap is off just pull on the freehub body it self and it should come off really really easy, Nothing to stop it just pulling off, Not like an old hope and oftern pawls and srpings go everywhere, These are much better and stay togeather when u pull apart,

Once its apart, Not alot too see apart from the 4 pawls and spring bits of metal.Pawls and springs just pull out too but take note how they are fitted in but fairly ovious!

When your ready to put back togeather,The free hub doens't useually just push on becos of the pawls sticking out past the rachete a tiny bit, so useually apply some light pushing force,Get a terminal driver or something the same size and i useually push each pawl while still adding forward force on it and as soon as u push the last pawl it pops in and you can remove the terminal driver before it go's in completely, Sometimes allso it doesn't quite pup all the way in and thats becos of the plastic dust seal around the free hub body,just move it around until its in the right place and should pop in and job done!

ok maybe it wasn't lol i had sat it in evenly, i just hadn't pushed it all the way in, i just looked at the pics on tb website, and saw it was further in than mine!

its fine now :D:-

feels much nicer than it did anyway

Thanks for your help and putting up with the muppet

Dave

But to sumarise the problem, because the seal wasn't right in, the free hub was rubbing on that, making it stiff (Y) so theres your solution for people in the future.

Edited by Mr Dave