Iolo 24" Update

RobinJI

Any tioga tyre apart from the Comp X is shit. Fact, thats my old curtis and i ran a factory DH and a blue dragon both were good in the dry and at the nearest hint of water they were lethal.

Comp X weight f**k all aswell.

thats what it was. sorry.

Yeah, I don't like deng either but when I ordered the magura ones off tarty they were out of stock, so they gave me the Echo ones for the same price, and to be fair, they are better, even if there made by deng <_< .

Those RaceFace cranks are pure oldschool cool! but yeah, If I had some money I'd probably whack them on my freeride bike and get some burns on there to save weight. Along with a Black pro2T or a king, oh and a Thompson stem. haha. I need a job.

Although for now, its a case of if it aint broke dont fix it, I'm not being held back by it, so I'm not really bothered.

Oh, sexy, whats it gunna be like? geo?

Sorry I was mega slow, been away in Scotland for a bit...

I haven't measured the bike with my forks on or anything but the geo for the frame should be:

Wheelbase 1040

Chainstays 385

BB height +10

Head angle 73

It's got a seat post, although I haven't purchased a seat yet... it's black... can't think of a lot else but I will make a topic of my own when I've got a seat and get round to it etc

And, rather importantly, I had my first ride on it last week and it was sweeeeeeet! Now I just need to remember how to ride trials after a couple of months off...

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Apr 1 2007, 09:06 AM)
To original poster :

Whats with the rear rim? Looks like a knifed grind ? :S

Haha, yeah, It is, break was being really really wank one day so I did that. Worked amazingly. But Started eating my Zoo pads so I sanded off the sharp edges and its just like smooth now.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, took it apart and weight the frame the other day, came out as 3050g with the maggie and headset cups still attached.

Few little things have changed since those pics too, now running Azonic double walls and heatsink blues with a light grind. (Y)