Http://design.jonmack.co.uk - Graphics Portfolio

JonMack

I quite like that Jon. Its really as simple as it can get, nothing to detract from your work. I wasnt a fan of the horizontal one beforehhand, it just seemed too much effort and confusing to scroll horizontally, but this is nice :)

• 5 weeks later...

My advice to you would be to stay away from the coders way of doing things, Dont worry so much about standards and css just make a site that looks and functions as it should (arguably thats going to involve css anyway) but if your a graphic designer and not a coder (in my experience you NEVER get someone whos good at both AND can link them, One side of the equasion always wins)

Showcase your work, Spend your time on logo development and use big, crisp well focussed images. Text can play a huge part in the general appearance of design - even before its read.

Your first project for example...

I dont think we need to see every possible colour combination (at least not the same size) pick the one you feel looks best and go with that, maybe use a smaller image to show the possibilities.

Also, When presenting letter heads and other signage i think it ALWAYS looks better to see it in real life, Anyone can drop their logo onto a crude letter template, Showing a decent photo proves its real and gives a better, more 3d idea of what your doing.

This for example (taken from fatoe.com)

f80_nohalfsteppn01.jpg

Thats a print you can buy, But in print form it doesnt stand out much more than anything else, SHowing it in its final method of presentation changes is completly and makes it look 200x better...

In my opinion, Viz bikes are one of the best companies for promoting their products through photography..

stemnew1.jpg

Its a stem, No one really looks twice at a stem - it serves a purpose and thats about it, Yet by placing it on an interesting, different material it changes the image completely - Im not saying do this for all your work or anything like that, Just the importance of everything around your design/product also has a HUGE impact on the final appearance.

Very nice work, Keep it up!