Http://design.jonmack.co.uk - Graphics Portfolio

JonMack

Yo

Well here I am again, with another redesign, got kinda bored of the side scroll thing, was a nice novelty at first but the more work I added the wider the page got so I decided to go for a standard single page vertical scrolling site. It's not 100% there yet, I still want to change the first section, add something a bit nicer in there, but for now, I'm happy enough.

http://design.jonmack.co.uk

Comments appreciated, posi or negi.

Edited by MonsterJ

Looks alright. Really simple and not much to it, so I guess that gets tickets im the 'clarity' box. Nothing special code-wise though, but you knew that.

I don't know why you've put each content file in it's own folder?

Yeah, images take quite a bit. Could be worse though.

(Y)

Everytime I hover over one of the options at the top the JonMack thing twitches to go beneath it. I guess that was intentional but I personally find it really annoying. Plus I don't see any point in the 'Navigation' thing showing up.

Plus, when I was looking at the Fashion Show poster thing: the images all load up very swankily, but it's annoying having to close them to be able to click the other options.

My $0.02 - I know nothing of coding so won't comment.

Everytime I hover over one of the options at the top the JonMack thing twitches to go beneath it. I guess that was intentional but I personally find it really annoying. Plus I don't see any point in the 'Navigation' thing showing up.

Plus, when I was looking at the Fashion Show poster thing: the images all load up very swankily, but it's annoying having to close them to be able to click the other options.

My $0.02 - I know nothing of coding so won't comment.

hmm, must be a browser thing, works fine in firefox & safari :/ not much i can do about that, the navigation thing is there cos i dunno, i thought stupid people might not realise what it was.

ill have a look at changing from lightbox to thickbox, and ill change the body text colour again.

Hey, i dunno if it is just me but the navigation on the right goes down when you roll over the second button down up to the second from bottom, is it supposed to do that? Also, i am not to keen on the different sections being over to the right of the screen, just gets annoying having to scroll that way.

But apart from that it is ok.

Oh and like the thickbox (Y)

First thing I see when I click there:

'Male. 19. Graphic Design. Photography. Rollerblading. Fashion. Hats. New Era. Trainers. Nike. Adidas. Originality. Tight Jeans. Irony. Apple. Macbook Pro. iMac G5. Nikon. D50. Sigma. 18-50mm f/2.8. Polaroid. SX-70 Sonar One Step Model 2. Sony. PSP. Nintendo. DS. Game Cube. Music. Hip-hop. Pop Punk. Hardcore. Toys. Graffiti.'

What. The. f**k? Even on myspace writing like that is gay, I can't believe anyone would actually want to put themselves across as someone who can't string a sentance together.

I also like how you have 'originality' in there, cos what you've done is so original.

I didn't look at the rest of the site, due to the first paragraph. (I.E. your site may be fantastic, but I lost interest)

You found The Horizontal Way then. :turned:

Its a graphics portfolio, yet i just see a CSS fashion whore site, and the graphics are almost shunned away, what with being smaller and lesser quality then what they usually would be. If your graphics designer, show that, showcase that, don't try and keep up with CSS fashion, no one expects you too, plus it really doesn't look all that good, sorry :(. It may not of meant to look any good, with you doing graphics and not web, but if that's the case, don't try to make it look good by trying to keep up with CSS fashion trends, if you get me?

Make the site about your graphics, and for the love of god, decide on a design. :lol:

I also like how you have 'originality' in there, cos what you've done is so original.

I didn't look at the rest of the site, due to the first paragraph. (I.E. your site may be fantastic, but I lost interest)

Nice one, point out the least important part of the site. I'll change it though, just for you.

You found The Horizontal Way then. :turned:

Its a graphics portfolio, yet i just see a CSS fashion whore site, and the graphics are almost shunned away, what with being smaller and lesser quality then what they usually would be. If your graphics designer, show that, showcase that, don't try and keep up with CSS fashion, no one expects you too, plus it really doesn't look all that good, sorry :(. It may not of meant to look any good, with you doing graphics and not web, but if that's the case, don't try to make it look good by trying to keep up with CSS fashion trends, if you get me?

Make the site about your graphics, and for the love of god, decide on a design. :lol:

Yeah I been trying to put together a side scrolling site for as long as I can remember, I knew the basis behind it but could never get it to work properly. I know what you mean by showcasing work rather than CSS, I guess the images should play more of a role rather than the design itsself. I'm just pretty happy with the way it's finally come out.

Josh, I forgot to quote you, but no it's not supposed to do that, I guess thats one of the joys of IE being shit. Also i find it easier to scroll to the right than down, I guess thats because my trackpad scrolls both ways, and so does my Mighty Mouse. Also I couldnt get your site to work the other day, is it still online?

Cheers.

Yeah, my site is down at the minute, damn bandwidth overuse... £5 bill to pay and i am broke so it aint gona be online for about 2 weeks till i get paid (N)

Anyway like Simon said, concentrate more on making some sort of portfolio out of your graphic work, rather than meeting standards of html etc...

Cheers.

Yeah, my site is down at the minute, damn bandwidth overuse... £5 bill to pay and i am broke so it aint gona be online for about 2 weeks till i get paid (N)

Anyway like Simon said, concentrate more on making some sort of portfolio out of your graphic work, rather than meeting standards of html etc...

Cheers.

I'll wack it on my hosting. Catch me on MSN and I'll set up FTP for you....

Oh, and I have just noticed that the sites colour changes every time I refresh, how you go about doing that? I can see you have more than one stylesheet, but how do you alternate them between refreshing?

Cheers, Josh.

Sorry but i really don't like it. The whole horizontal scrolling thing doesn't work particularly well either. How am i supposed to get back to the beginning after clicking a link without using the scrollbar?

Sorry but i really don't like it. The whole horizontal scrolling thing doesn't work particularly well either. How am i supposed to get back to the beginning after clicking a link without using the scrollbar?

To get back to the main menu without scrolling, click the small arrow next to the title.

Josh.

I know it's pedantic, but what was done was just soo myspace it looked wrong, I doubt it matters to you, but I much prefer it now (Y)

Cheers man.

Also like Josh said Danny, click the <- next to the title to get back to the menu.

I guess I don't find it a pain to navigate as I know how it works and both my trackpad and mouse allow me to scroll in any direction. Can't please everyone though!!

• 3 months later...