Phone As Bluetooth Remote

Caleb

Anyone tried this, have been trying to gte mine working for the best part of half an hour but not a sniff.

onlky want it so i an lay in bed and listen to music/play on shuffle.

What phone is it? Have you got a bluetooth dongle for the pc and do you have the right software for the pc?

I have a belkin bluetooth dongle and a w810i phone

downloaded the bluetooth remote software but it wont pick up the phone

i have a belkin dongle and a w800i

the remote control stuff doesn't seem work with the new belkin drivers - the ones that have the system tray quick connect stuff. The shite drivers from last year worked perfectly with the remote but were f**king useless at everything else

I never used the drivers that came with my dongle. I just plugged it into the back of the computer and XP installed it's own bluetooth drivers. Then I right clicked the icon in the system tray and added new device (my phone) and added the computer to the phones devices. Then all you have to do is open the remote software on the phone and it should connect itself.

think i have the same promblem as poopipe >_<

if you uninstall the belkin driver and let windows take over the remote "should" start working - you'll lose all the niceness associated with the new driver though (reliable connectivity, working file transfer, not needing to reboot if you wander out of range etc.. )