Bashplate.

hi. I was looking at frames on tarty and like the zhi zm2. it doesnt run a bashplate and was wondering whether this was essential. i noticed that zoo pythons dont run them either and iv noticed that a lot of people have them. what do you run? does anyone know what the zhi is like?

thanks in advance.

hi. I was looking at frames on tarty and like the zhi zm2. it doesnt run a bashplate and was wondering whether this was essential. i noticed that zoo pythons dont run them either and iv noticed that a lot of people have them. what do you run? does anyone know what the zhi is like?

thanks in advance.

I took my bash off my Echo Lite and just used thick rubber to protect the threads. I ended up running a bash on the sprocket as my cranks were second hand. Worked for me and many others ride other frames with no frame bash. But a sprocket bash would be recommended.

if you're confodent you're not going to come-up-short an a gap and land on your bb/sprocket area then you dont need a bash!!!

but once in a while everyone comes up short!!!

if you want to lose the ski-plate bash to get more clearance you can use a uci style bashring which will protect your chain and sprocket, but if you land on it alot it puts alot of extra strain on your bb!!!

Hey budd,

Like others have said before, if you prefer natural (rock) type riding and you're not confident enough at getting up big rocks or going to two wheels on any move i would get a bash plate. I have put one on my GU mod - just incase i do have to stall on a rock, im not wrecking my front freewheel ect. When i get use to my mod i will get a new frame that is bash plate less.

For street riding you generally dont need one, but it is up to you and what style you prefer. I would allways have one just incase, but if you're a good rider I suppose it doesn't matter as much.

Hope this has helped,

Steve

Hey budd,

Like others have said before, if you prefer natural (rock) type riding and you're not confident enough at getting up big rocks or going to two wheels on any move i would get a bash plate. I have put one on my GU mod - just incase i do have to stall on a rock, im not wrecking my front freewheel ect. When i get use to my mod i will get a new frame that is bash plate less.

For street riding you generally dont need one, but it is up to you and what style you prefer. I would allways have one just incase, but if you're a good rider I suppose it doesn't matter as much.

Hope this has helped,

Steve

yes same i have one on mine so do most people i know in 20 inch bikes

Nah, baseplate aint essential but for beginners it is good as you can put your front wheel on the wall then hop to bashguard (its harder to do this with a bash ring~Balance~) but when you get better you don't really use the bashguard as you just go strate to backwheel etc...

Hope I helped bud- :rolleyes:

~Matty