Bleeding My Brakes...

wunderboy

I need to bleed my Hope rear disc. I have searched the forum, but there is so much about bleeding maggies that I get lost in the comments. What fluid should I use, and will I be able to use the same bleed kit that my housemate uses on his Magura? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all.

dot oil

and you dont use a syringe for hope, you take the resivoir cap off and let gravity do the work!

you need an 8mm (i think) spanner at the slave end and you let the oil down like that...

im really bad at explaining, someone please do a better job than me!

DOT5.1 for Hopes.

Basically, where the bleet bolt is at the caliper, undo that, and put on some sort of piping, or something to 'catch' the old oil.

Undo the resovoir cap, and slowly pour it in, until you reckon there's no more air in there.

You must make sure the resovoir always has oil in it. - Often best to turn the lever so the resovoir is facing straight up.

Once you're confident that it's got nothing but oil in it, do up the bleed bolt at the caliper, do a final top-up of oil in the resovoir, and do up the resovoir cap. - Try not to pinch the seal!